British Speedway Forum

attendance figures are a closely guarded secret in speedway so theres no proof of this "increase" and promoters can pretty much say anything,didnt think poole were regarded as particularly generous with youth admissions

59 minutes ago, poole keith said:

attendance figures are a closely guarded secret in speedway so theres no proof of this "increase" and promoters can pretty much say anything,didnt think poole were regarded as particularly generous with youth admissions

Will help sell the club though ;)

22 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Will help sell the club though ;)

Could add at least £5 to the price  :D

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Could add at least £5 to the price  :D

Jeez, as much as that. Then your lot are really struggling.. :rofl:

2 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Sounds like two new promoters could be the ones to take over from Ford after this season.

at the moment matt is boxed in a corner with no purchaser and this addition of two co-promoters is" plan b" Should a buyer or buyers emerge i doubt very much they would want these two inexperienced chaps onboard(probably want guidance from matt though)Matt ford has given us poole supporters so much success and great riders to watch i hope he gets something out of it now to move on,easy in retrospect but timing is everything and should have sold 2/3yrs ago

Im still about just no need to post on this thread the Poole team is done and dusted

The events of the final last season.........the fact my team have stupidly moved up and built an average looking side.....one man owning 3 clubs..........means my interest in this once great sport has dwindled somewhat.......like a lot of people with family ive got better things to spend my hard earned cash on

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

at the moment matt is boxed in a corner with no purchaser and this addition of two co-promoters is" plan b" Should a buyer or buyers emerge i doubt very much they would want these two inexperienced chaps onboard(probably want guidance from matt though)Matt ford has given us poole supporters so much success and great riders to watch i hope he gets something out of it now to move on,easy in retrospect but timing is everything and should have sold 2/3yrs ago

In an ideal world he should have sold when Chris and Darcy were in there pomp, and kept a vested interest. But very hard to do when you have them sort of riders riding for you .

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Im still about just no need to post on this thread the Poole team is done and dusted

The events of the final last season.........the fact my team have stupidly moved up and built an average looking side.....one man owning 3 clubs..........means my interest in this once great sport has dwindled somewhat.......like a lot of people with family ive got better things to spend my hard earned cash on

Ah there IS a God!!:rofl:

4 hours ago, topaz325 said:

Sounds like two new promoters could be the ones to take over from Ford after this season.

This allows Matt to progress his other business opportunity abroad, whilst 'keeping the club amongst trusted family and friends'.  Theres a good video interview with the new promoters on the Poole website now.

Sounds as though the Digital Marketing Agency are working on something for the whole of speedway - not just Poole.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Why don't you get a job at the stadium. . .  E.g. Selling Speedway Star. . Just an idea

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

This allows Matt to progress his other business opportunity abroad, whilst 'keeping the club amongst trusted family and friends'.  Theres a good video interview with the new promoters on the Poole website now.

Sounds as though the Digital Marketing Agency are working on something for the whole of speedway - not just Poole.

Keeping the club going. And the big increase of young fans. Poole are the most, or equally expensive in the league for young ones.

1 hour ago, Trackrat said:

Why don't you get a job at the stadium. . .  E.g. Selling Speedway Star. . Just an idea

I'm sure gavan is far too intelligent to do something like that.  That has to be worse than selling the Big Issue on a street corner. 

• Like 2