British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, racers and royals said:

Looks a different company to me also.  Seems to be different people as well.

SO, not being swept under the carpet:party:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

It would seem your new team sponsor appeared on BBC watchdog in 2011 for being rogue traders. Obviously companies can change there ways. And they probably have. But I wonder if Ford would have been associated about if he knew. Or if he did they must have give Ford an offer he couldn't refuse  

Considering the current family-run No.1 UK Carpet Cleaners in Christchurch wasn't incorporated til 2014, I find that difficult to believe!!

Maybe you should delete your post as at the very least its defamatory!!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

It would seem your new team sponsor appeared on BBC watchdog in 2011 for being rogue traders. Obviously companies can change there ways. And they probably have. But I wonder if Ford would have been associated about if he knew. Or if he did they must have give Ford an offer he couldn't refuse  

get you facts right before stirring the pot :nono:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ray c said:

get you facts right before stirring the pot :nono:

He cannot resist a poke mate, ignore them .

There have been plenty of rogues involved in running speedway over the years ( and there seem to be now ). One of the perennial problems in speedway is the secretive nature of any information released to supporters. It would be very easy for the current company to identify itself as previously NOT being the one under the Rogue Traders spotlight. Why leave the possibility open that they might have been?

• Like 1

Poole P&P day finally confirmed for Thursday 4th April at 1.30pm for media, sponsors and season ticket holders.

3pm for general public when the riders can take to the track. (Not allowed track time before 3pm due to being next to a school!)

15 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole P&P day finally confirmed for Thursday 4th April at 1.30pm for media, sponsors and season ticket holders.

3pm for general public when the riders can take to the track. (Not allowed track time before 3pm due to being next to a school!)

Seems a good idea as several of the "Poole Posters" wouldn't be able to attend if the practise was held during school hours.:D

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dave Jones said:

Seems a good idea as several of the "Poole Posters" wouldn't be able to attend if the practise was held during school hours.:D

I thought the sport was all about attracting younger fans!!!  Anyway this 'Poole Poster' will be there from 1.30pm (probably a bit earlier in fact!!;) )

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought the sport was all about attracting younger fans!!!  Anyway this 'Poole Poster' will be there from 1.30pm (probably a bit earlier in fact!!;) )

:D:D

Apologies if my post was a little too subtle for you.

17 hours ago, Dave Jones said:

:D:D

Apologies if my post was a little too subtle for you.

Not at all - I recognise a wind-up when I see one!:rolleyes:

Incidentally a great turn-out last night for the latest Poole Supporters (R.E.F.) Quiznight.  17 teams taking part but modesty prevents me from naming the winners.:D:DB)

During the evening the R.E.F. Committee  - ably led by Stan and Val Vatcher - were commended for their fund-raising efforts on behalf of the riders since 2002.

It was announced that over £67,000 has been raised and presented to Poole riders during this time.:t::t:

The next R.E.F. night will be a Fans Forum on Weds 20th March involving Matt and the new promoters plus some riders.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Incidentally a great turn-out last night for the latest Poole Supporters (R.E.F.) Quiznight.  17 teams taking part but modesty prevents me from naming the winners.:D:DB)

During the evening the R.E.F. Committee  - ably led by Stan and Val Vatcher - were commended for their fund-raising efforts on behalf of the riders since 2002.

It was announced that over £67,000 has been raised and presented to Poole riders during this time.:t::t:

The next R.E.F. night will be a Fans Forum on Weds 20th March involving Matt and the new promoters plus some riders.

Incidently, anybody seen or read any reacent posts from Steve Shovlar, ? he's not been to any of the REF functions nor has he been seen on here for quite some time.
I hope he's just gone quiet, as its quite concerning.

5 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Incidently, anybody seen or read any reacent posts from Steve Shovlar, ? he's not been to any of the REF functions nor has he been seen on here for quite some time.
I hope he's just gone quiet, as its quite concerning.

Think he posted on the forum a few hours back:blink:

1 hour ago, iris123 said:

Think he posted on the forum a few hours back:blink:

Really, where ?