British Speedway Forum

No point posting here when there’s absolutely nothing to discuss.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No point posting here when there’s absolutely nothing to discuss.

Don't bother you talk aload of crap especially on the Brexit issue.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Don't bother you talk aload of crap especially on the Brexit issue.

At least I am not an ostrich who thinks brexit is still a good idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Anything is nearly as good as we have it now ?. i expect more our Country is capable of so much more and prospering/ or failing by our own mistakes.

Edited by Sidney the robin

20 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

8 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Anything is nearly as good as we have it now ?. i expect more our Country is capable of so much more and prospering/ or failing by our own mistakes  i can cope with Brussels  dictating no.

wrong thread don't you think :t:

• Like 1

So no team suits for 2019 again! Bibs it is, poor if you ask me. Professional look out the widow, with new sponsors coming on board I would have thought the club wanted to be uniformed. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So no team suits for 2019 again! Bibs it is, poor if you ask me. Professional look out the widow, with new sponsors coming on board I would have thought the club wanted to be uniformed. 

It is cheaper if team changes are planned

8 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

not very professional at all certainly not image making

2 hours ago, ray c said:

not very professional at all certainly not image making

Indeed and a poor reflection of the arguably so called leading club in the Sport in UK.

But what do you expect when you have the owner of the club who was only to willing to inform the Echo that getting the new team sponsor will allow Poole to now enter the transfer market should he need to come mid season.

One tends to think that he is already putting his marker down that team changes will be coming now he has the money to do so. But we shouldn't be surprised as similar the last few seasons.

Ultimately though it is yet again just a poor reflection of the sport that teams even in Champ will have team kevlars yet the League Champions will be wearing bibs which for me reflects how we are now light years away from the Leagues in places like POL & Swe.

I have no problem with team changes and I certainly think there will be changes as in my opinion this team is not good enough to win the league, may get in to the play offs but can't see it beating some of the team s announced.

• Like 1

Not having team kevlars in 2018 didn't stop Poole becoming Champions did it?!  Its not as if Poole were the only SGBP team not to have them either!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Not having team kevlars in 2018 didn't stop Poole becoming Champions did it?!  Its not as if Poole were the only SGBP team not to have them either!

I think you should have another go at that post to see if you can miss the point any further :D

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you should have another go at that post to see if you can miss the point any further :D

A common practise for Skidder it seems.:)

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Did it stop us from winning the league, no but that isn’t the point!! 

Most clubs did actually have them! Easily get 7 fans who could pay say £500 to sponsor the team suit for the year, at the end of the season you get to keep them.

Backward step in my eyes, not that hard to look uniformed and professional!

There is options if money is the issue, which I now find hard to believe with a few new sponsors on board for 2019.

Maybe I’m just a far too passionate supporter & sponsor who wants the team sport look more professional. 

Edited by Pirates Of Poole
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

It is cheaper if team changes are planned

No one want's to pay out for 14 pairs a season ;).

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1