British Speedway Forum

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17498902.matt-ford-will-leave-pirates-in-safe-hands-and-neil-middleditch-will-go-with-him/

I think this proves the incompetence of Middleditch that he can't win without Ford. So once Ford goes, he goes to save face and gain unworthy legendary status. 

16 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/17498902.matt-ford-will-leave-pirates-in-safe-hands-and-neil-middleditch-will-go-with-him/

I think this proves the incompetence of Middleditch that he can't win without Ford. So once Ford goes, he goes to save face and gain unworthy legendary status. 

What do you think of Buster putting his time in Perterborough

9 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

He will go because there working relationship has been  so good over a long period it will never be quite the same with another party.Ford/ Middleditch have been great for Poole speedway and it  will be a hard act to follow.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

What do you think of Buster putting his time in Perterborough

I think you’re obsessed, you don’t seem to stop going on about it. If they finish top and we bottom you might have a point but it would be better to stop worrying and see what results the actual speedway racing brings before jumping to conclusions. 

25 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think you’re obsessed, you don’t seem to stop going on about it. If they finish top and we bottom you might have a point but it would be better to stop worrying and see what results the actual speedway racing brings before jumping to conclusions. 

quite agree as long as you got a track to go to and watch motor bikes that's the main thing :t:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Middlo will have a very worth legendary status, they are a team who have worked very well together over a very long period of time and deserve all the credit they get.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ford and Middleditch have achieved a lot and done an outstanding job for Poole. It is understandable that after working closely together for so many years that Middleditch may not want to continue when Ford leaves.

Our usual 3 seats reserved for the season and sponsorship agreed with MF today.  Good times. Sacre Bleu!!:t::D

• Like 1

If every team was as well and professionally run as Poole the sport would not be in the mess it has got itself in to. Matt Ford would have made the perfect long term supremo of British speedway about a decade ago, build a 10 year plan, sadly won't happen now.

The question is - who and where are the guys with a vision and a plan to take British Speedway forwards with the Business head and Speedway heart Ford has.??

• Like 3

On 3/7/2019 at 11:34 AM, poolebolton said:

Surely Shanes isn't going to bring that much money in. 

Probably more to do with Birmingham making an offer Poole found hard to refuse as Birmingham need assets on their retained rider list which is a bit bare from memory and will save Brum from forking out money to BSPA to make it up to required £15,000. They have a nice asset and he will get better and better and they will get a loan feetoo from Swindon. Excellent work from Dave Mason.

Be nice if Middlo went and managed another club and see if he can be successful without firstly Fords money and without changing large numbers of riders throughout the season.

If he can do it at another club then maybe he can be mentioned in the same breath as Rosco and Adams.....until then he will only ever be seen as a good manager rather than a great one

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Be nice if Middlo went and managed another club and see if he can be successful without firstly Fords money and without changing large numbers of riders throughout the season.

If he can do it at another club then maybe he can be mentioned in the same breath as Rosco and Adams.....until then he will only ever be seen as a good manager rather than a great one

Like Alex Ferguson, Middlo will retire at the top with nothing to prove imo ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Milankovitch said:

Like Alex Ferguson, Middlo will retire at the top with nothing to prove imo …

cant compare different sport different goal posts:cheers:

14 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Maybe I don't get out enough. We will see ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1