British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, ray c said:

cant compare different sport different goal posts:cheers:

You can compare their longevity at the top in their respective sports. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You can compare their longevity at the top in their respective sports. 

I think then that is the only comparison is the  length of time they stay at a club 

1 hour ago, ray c said:

I think then that is the only comparison is the  length of time they stay at a club 

I disagree never liked Ferguson myself but his record speaks for itself and so does Middlo's. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Gavan said:

Be nice if Middlo went and managed another club and see if he can be successful without firstly Fords money and without changing large numbers of riders throughout the season.

If he can do it at another club then maybe he can be mentioned in the same breath as Rosco and Adams.....until then he will only ever be seen as a good manager rather than a great one

You usually provide your 'facts' to back up your opinion.  Can't wait to see them this time.......................!!!!:rofl:

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

You usually provide your 'facts' to back up your opinion.  Can't wait to see them this time.......................!!!!:rofl:

I just dont see Middlo as the greatest manager thats all its called my opinion.

He has had the best financial backing over the years at Poole and has been able to change riders as and when Poole need to. 

In my opinion Rosco and Adams have proved they can do it at other clubs with less resources.

Lets see how Middlo can do at a different club is all im saying.

Poole fans will quite rightly feel he is the best because he has managed their club but i think any manager could have managed Poole..............he was awful as Team GB boss.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gavan said:

He has had the best financial backing over the years at Poole and has been able to change riders as and when Poole need to. 

In my opinion Rosco and Adams have proved they can do it at other clubs with less resources.

Poole fans will quite rightly feel he is the best because he has managed their club but i think any manager could have managed Poole..............he was awful as Team GB boss.

Don't think you can hold his GB record against him, the only time we had a chance was in 2004 when we could have won, all the riders always pulled out their best for Middlo. 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

You really are some sad deeluded idiot.  Small wonder you are hated so much on this forum with comments like that.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think you can hold his GB record against him, the only time we had a chance was in 2004 when we could have won, all the riders always pulled out their best for Middlo. 

oh yes at poole with poole riders loram/nicholls/havelock lol 

43 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

You really are some sad deeluded idiot.  Small wonder you are hated so much on this forum with comments like that.

polite and & well mannered as normal :unsure:

• Like 3

Season starting with the usual verbal abuse why cant some people just except other people's opinions oh i forgot this is the poole thread 

• Like 2

Well in other news. 

Jack Holder, Nic Klindt and Chris Holder(sure he will be in pits this year). 

Ride in Poland at Toruń in a pre season match. 

Edited by poolebolton

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

Give it a rest

Im sad and deluded because i dont believe Middlo is as good as Rosco or Adams

You need to understand what an opinion is

19 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Give it a rest

Im sad and deluded because i dont believe Middlo is as good as Rosco or Adams

You need to understand what an opinion is

It goes both ways. 

A lot of people say Sir Alex is the greatest manger of all time. (Yes, he did manage more than 1 team) but the success was with 1 team that was the richest and had the best players in the world. 

You still have to win. And I think some of 8 prem titles middlo has been pretty impressive. Yes, 2013 was quite easy but 2015 he kept the side together after the shock. 

I do get the argument though. 

But I would certainly not describe Adams and Rosco as great if middlo isn’t described as great. In 20 years time people remember championships more than anything else. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

It goes both ways. 

A lot of people say Sir Alex is the greatest manger of all time. (Yes, he did manage more than 1 team) but the success was with 1 team that was the richest and had the best players in the world. 

You still have to win. And I think some of 8 prem titles middlo has been pretty impressive. Yes, 2013 was quite easy but 2015 he kept the side together after the shock. 

I do get the argument though. 

But I would certainly not describe Adams and Rosco as great if middlo isn’t described as great. In 20 years time people remember championships more than anything else. 

How many changes each season has Neil made to win the league over the years just asking :t:

2 minutes ago, ray c said:

How many changes each season has Neil made to win the league over the years just asking :t:

I wonder if Matt was the one finding the riders and putting the team/changes together. I don't know, but Matt certainly knows the rule book inside out ;)

• Like 1