British Speedway Forum

48 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Give it a rest

Im sad and deluded because i dont believe Middlo is as good as Rosco or Adams

You need to understand what an opinion is

If anyone agrees with you or not it matters not. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

In my opinion I believe Neil has done a great job. But that's my thoughts.

• Like 2

Where would you place Neil Street in all this, in his time @ Poole & prior to that @ Weymouth Neil could spot tallent a mile off & with the rider willing to do so made novices & average riders into top riders & superstars................

• Like 1

3 hours ago, geoff58 said:

oh yes at poole with poole riders loram/nicholls/havelock lol 

Yes and we get accused of not having British riders.Rico and Floppy pulled all the stops out too. 

Edited by foreverblue

11 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

It goes both ways. 

A lot of people say Sir Alex is the greatest manger of all time. (Yes, he did manage more than 1 team) but the success was with 1 team that was the richest and had the best players in the world. 

You still have to win. And I think some of 8 prem titles middlo has been pretty impressive. Yes, 2013 was quite easy but 2015 he kept the side together after the shock. 

I do get the argument though. 

But I would certainly not describe Adams and Rosco as great if middlo isn’t described as great. In 20 years time people remember championships more than anything else. 

I love it when Alex Ferguson's reign is described as being easy as the richest club. The majority of the winning under Ferguson's reign was with players coming through the ranks of the club which is where the club's wealth came from.

For me, Middleditch has just been Ford's puppet. Ford says who rides for him, who's sacked, which replacements are needed etc.

Middleditch for Poole is exactly the same as a team leader / supervisor in business, powerless in hiring and firing and just there to fire up the staff employed by someone else. 

Matt Ford is the reason and only reason for Poole's success. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I wonder if Matt was the one finding the riders and putting the team/changes together. I don't know, but Matt certainly knows the rule book inside out ;)

Anyone with half a brain knows Ford is behind the Poole success, who do you think was texting Middlo during the matches.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ray c said:

How many changes each season has Neil made to win the league over the years just asking :t:

You seem to be trying to demean his achievements because we made changes to the team. 

Edited by foreverblue

I'm no Middlo fan, but you can't argue about his passion for Poole Speedway.

36 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is that relevant? 

Of course it's relevent would we have won the league with the seven we started with last season no and many season prior to that as well i am not knocking Neil it's just the way I see it 

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, ray c said:

Of course it's relevent would we have won the league with the seven we started with last season no and many season prior to that as well i am not knocking Neil it's just the way I see it 

It reads like you are knocking Neil, he has given Poole amazing service both as a rider and a manager. If the riders aren't performing then you have to change them, probably joint decisions with Matt Ford, i expect changes this season too, the team we have i don't think is good enough.. 

23 hours ago, Gavan said:

I just dont see Middlo as the greatest manager thats all its called my opinion.

He has had the best financial backing over the years at Poole and has been able to change riders as and when Poole need to. 

In my opinion Rosco and Adams have proved they can do it at other clubs with less resources.

Lets see how Middlo can do at a different club is all im saying.

Poole fans will quite rightly feel he is the best because he has managed their club but i think any manager could have managed Poole..............he was awful as Team GB boss.

No issue with you having your own opinion, but many of your previous opinions have been supported by your 'facts and figures'.  I'd just like to know what they are to support your opinion about Middlo in comparison to Rosco or Adams?! (Incidentally if you believe Rosco and Adams have achieved what they've done without some very strong financial assistance from their respective senior promoters then you are sadly mistaken!)

ps. I'm not too up with Adams managerial career, but where else has he proved himself other than Wolves?

pps. You might wish to ask your mate Mark Loram how he would rate or compare the three!!

Edited by Skidder1

17 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No issue with you having your own opinion, but many of your previous opinions have been supported by your 'facts and figures'.  I'd just like to know what they are to support your opinion about Middlo in comparison to Rosco or Adams?! (Incidentally if you believe Rosco and Adams have achieved what they've done without some very strong financial assistance from their respective senior promoters then you are sadly mistaken!)

ps. I'm not too up with Adams managerial career, but where else has he proved himself other than Wolves?

pps. You might wish to ask your mate Mark Loram how he would rate or compare the three!!

The best person Mark ever worked under was Colin Hill but yes Mark got on fine with Middlo 

19 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Jack Holder=9+1/5 

Chris Holder= 11+1/4

Nic Klindt= 6/5 

Nic's 6 points (riding at 1 for Ostrovia) was really only from 4 rides as he was d/q in his last one.

PS. Has Chris got a visitor visa then?:rolleyes:

Edited by Skidder1

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

The best person Mark ever worked under was Colin Hill but yes Mark got on fine with Middlo 

I am very aware that Mark got on well with Middlo - but that wasn't my question.?

12 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

To be honest, no none promoting manager should be considered a legend of any club. The only job they do really is try to motivate rider's. When required to do anything tactical, I find Middlo and Rosco inept. Peter Adams is one of the best tacticians out there.

The other thing on the side of Adams and Rosco over Middleditch, they put their own money into the club's as promoters and have a say who's signed and replaced. Whereas Matt Ford does all the leg work at Poole. 

No matter which way you look at it, Middleditch has stolen a good wage from Ford for 20yrs. He would be found out with a new promoter in charge, he knows it so is jumping ship.

Middleditch brings nothing to Poole Speedway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1