British Speedway Forum

55 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

To be honest, no none promoting manager should be considered a legend of any club. The only job they do really is try to motivate rider's. When required to do anything tactical, I find Middlo and Rosco inept. Peter Adams is one of the best tacticians out there.

The other thing on the side of Adams and Rosco over Middleditch, they put their own money into the club's as promoters and have a say who's signed and replaced. Whereas Matt Ford does all the leg work at Poole. 

No matter which way you look at it, Middleditch has stolen a good wage from Ford for 20yrs. He would be found out with a new promoter in charge, he knows it so is jumping ship.

Middleditch brings nothing to Poole Speedway.

Thanks for your valued input and utter b/s.:cheers:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Nic's 6 points (riding at 1 for Ostrovia) was really only from 4 rides as he was d/q in his last one.

PS. Has Chris got a visitor visa then?:rolleyes:

Also out gated doyle in first race for his partner to fall off and get it called back. Then he hit the tapes and went off 15. So could easily have been 8. 

22 hours ago, poolebolton said:

It goes both ways. 

A lot of people say Sir Alex is the greatest manger of all time. (Yes, he did manage more than 1 team) but the success was with 1 team that was the richest and had the best players in the world. 

You still have to win. And I think some of 8 prem titles middlo has been pretty impressive. Yes, 2013 was quite easy but 2015 he kept the side together after the shock. 

I do get the argument though. 

But I would certainly not describe Adams and Rosco as great if middlo isn’t described as great. In 20 years time people remember championships more than anything else. 

22 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

I love it when Alex Ferguson's reign is described as being easy as the richest club. The majority of the winning under Ferguson's reign was with players coming through the ranks of the club which is where the club's wealth came from.

For me, Middleditch has just been Ford's puppet. Ford says who rides for him, who's sacked, which replacements are needed etc.

Middleditch for Poole is exactly the same as a team leader / supervisor in business, powerless in hiring and firing and just there to fire up the staff employed by someone else. 

Matt Ford is the reason and only reason for Poole's success. 

Just for the Sir Alex Ferguson reference

Check out @FourFourTwo’s Tweet:

2 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

To be honest, no none promoting manager should be considered a legend of any club. The only job they do really is try to motivate rider's. When required to do anything tactical, I find Middlo and Rosco inept. Peter Adams is one of the best tacticians out there.

The other thing on the side of Adams and Rosco over Middleditch, they put their own money into the club's as promoters and have a say who's signed and replaced. Whereas Matt Ford does all the leg work at Poole. 

No matter which way you look at it, Middleditch has stolen a good wage from Ford for 20yrs. He would be found out with a new promoter in charge, he knows it so is jumping ship.

Middleditch brings nothing to Poole Speedway.

Total rubbish Matt Ford and Middlo work as a team. Ford relies heavily on Middlo's input. 

• Like 1

,,,and he'll be relying on Middlo's input a lot more as MF will not be attending (m)any away meetings despite flying in from France for the home meetings.

ps. well done Richie - a very acceptable 5th place in the Bonanza against several heat leader standard riders.

Edited by Skidder1

Delighted to confirm that our FAN FORUM on Weds night (20th March) in the glass grandstand will feature three Promoters, three riders and the Team Manager.
Starting at 7.30, we will hear from Matt Ford and his two new Co-Promoters, Anthony Tilley and Dan Ford, in the first half of the presentation. 
After an interval and opportunity to mingle, we will then be pleased to welcome, 2019 Pirates, Josh Grajczonek, Jack Holder and Richie Worrall along with Neil Middleditch.
The event is held on behalf of, and for the benefit of, THE RIDERS EQUIPMENT FUND.
Admission on the night is £5 with REF members benefiting from a £1 discount.
Doors open 7.00pm

• Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 11:20 AM, Skidder1 said:

ps. I'm not too up with Adams managerial career, but where else has he proved himself other than Wolves?

Adams has to rate as one of the greatest team managers of all time with his success for Wolves and Cradley.

Hasnt he been in the corner of 3 world champions, with Woffy being the most recent? 

• Like 1

Poole favourites for the title with Bet 365, just ahead of BV . Guess they have learnt by now that you never write Poole off.. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Adams has to rate as one of the greatest team managers of all time with his success for Wolves and Cradley.

Hasnt he been in the corner of 3 world champions, with Woffy being the most recent? 

And at Coventry 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Wolfie456 said:

And at Coventry 

Whoops forgot about them.

• Sad 1

On 3/16/2019 at 4:36 PM, bigcatdiary said:

Anyone with half a brain knows Ford is behind the Poole success, who do you think was texting Middlo during the matches.

...........and tapping up riders via text!!

• Like 2

On 3/17/2019 at 11:20 AM, Skidder1 said:

No issue with you having your own opinion, but many of your previous opinions have been supported by your 'facts and figures'.  I'd just like to know what they are to support your opinion about Middlo in comparison to Rosco or Adams?! (Incidentally if you believe Rosco and Adams have achieved what they've done without some very strong financial assistance from their respective senior promoters then you are sadly mistaken!)

ps. I'm not too up with Adams managerial career, but where else has he proved himself other than Wolves?

pps. You might wish to ask your mate Mark Loram how he would rate or compare the three!!

Adams has 9 titles, 2 at Coventry, 2 at Cradley and 5 at Wolves. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Adams has 9 titles, 2 at Coventry, 2 at Cradley and 5 at Wolves. 

Also worked with numerous top riders over the years in their individual careers of course.