British Speedway Forum

54 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No it doesn't but equally it doesn't alter the fact that letting people in free or next to nothing does nothing to build long term attendances or the financial bottom line.

i agree it seems to be the case that greatly reduced admissions or free entry for all hasnt  resulted in increased  attendances at future meetings,however i disagree regarding deals or free admissions for children,that policy must help so many families and surely is one of the ways to actually "build long term attendance" Of course if its too expensive for the whole family to attend mum decides that none of them are going! now that does affect  the "financial bottom line"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I was never planning to go to the Press and Practice at Poole yesterday. As it happened track action was postponed.

I decided to go the IOW p/p. So glad I did! Despite the puddles, scraping the top surface off and intermittent showers, the lads over there just got on with it. Track in great condition with many of the ripples bladed out.

The funniest moment of the day was the early evening local sports news report. Two minutes of IOW coverage and only one minute about Poole. I can assure you it raised a big cheer in the clubhouse! Oh, to have been a fly on the wall of the Ford household!

Edited by BobC
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, BobC said:

I was never planning to go to the Press and Practice at Poole yesterday. As it happened track action was postponed.

I decided to go the IOW p/p. So glad I did! Despite the puddles, scraping the top surface off and intermittent showers, the lads over there just got on with it. Track in great condition with many of the ripples bladed out.

The funniest moment of the day was the early evening local sports news report. Two minutes of IOW coverage and only one minute about Poole. I can assure you it raised a big cheer in the clubhouse! Oh, to have been a fly on the wall of the Ford household!

love it :t: yes me and my wife made the same observation

Edited by ray c

16 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

...and thats worked so well at the other clubs hasn't it?!

Matt Ford today confirmed that last season saw a substantial increase in the number of (paying?!) young fans!!

That will look good for any potential buyers no doubt  True of not ;)

53 minutes ago, BobC said:

The worm is beginning to turn.!!! :)

On 4/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, BobC said:

I dont think Matt and Dan will be losing any sleep to be honest .

I expect the local TV cameras will be there on Wednesday for the official practice and/or on Thursday for the first home meeting!

Here’s a few minutes footage I took this evening of the riders having a practise session.

• Like 1

Is Poole not using team race suits again this year?

22 minutes ago, dj350z said:

Is Poole not using team race suits again this year?

Just as well they didn’t last year - all those suits would have bankrupted them :lol:

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Just as well they didn’t last year - all those suits would have bankrupted them :lol:

Not at all the riders we replaced were the same size as the rider's that came in :)

• Like 1

Simply following the lead of last year's title-winning team.

• Haha 1