British Speedway Forum

1 minute ago, tyke said:

Apologies read it wrong, though it said less 60000.

Sorry, Pinny will delete my post and apologies 

Honest mistake. No worries :t:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pinny said:

When was the last time Man Utd had 60000 for a league game? 

Its a fact that Pooles low crowds are still at least on a a par with all other clubs . 

Your missing what im saying.

Im not picking out exact figures of what crowds Man Utd get and Wolves get.

What im saying is that a top supported club be it in football or speedway can lose a number of fans who stop watching and still get more than a lesser supported team but its the percentage of people.

In my analogy (forget the numbers)

Man Utd 80000 fans....drops to 60000....a drop of 25%

Wolves 40000 fans .....drops to 35000.....a drop of 12.5%

Man Utd still get more fans.

The point i am making here is Poole are probably the best supported team in the land.

But if they get gates of 2000 and drop to 1500 then their fans are more fickle then a club who gets 1400 that drop to 1200

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ray c said:

Awful photo of the team in the echo today with the mayor without race suits it sure don't do us at favours just my opinion

Klindt looks like he's having a dump!

Really don't get the furore over team suits. I couldn't care less and actually used to like seeing all the different leathers riders wore. They can have team race jackets and helmet colours - now I sometimes find it hard to tell who's who on track.  It does nothing to increase the crowd, which will continue to reduce unless there is more entertainment on offer, in a better environment, than 15 races. 

• Like 5

21 hours ago, Gavan said:

Your missing what im saying.

Im not picking out exact figures of what crowds Man Utd get and Wolves get.

What im saying is that a top supported club be it in football or speedway can lose a number of fans who stop watching and still get more than a lesser supported team but its the percentage of people.

In my analogy (forget the numbers)

Man Utd 80000 fans....drops to 60000....a drop of 25%

Wolves 40000 fans .....drops to 35000.....a drop of 12.5%

Man Utd still get more fans.

The point i am making here is Poole are probably the best supported team in the land.

But if they get gates of 2000 and drop to 1500 then their fans are more fickle then a club who gets 1400 that drop to 1200

I was actually going to praise you for a minute there until I read the last sentence..

19 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

I was actually going to praise you for a minute there until I read the last sentence..

He is correct though...

Poole by definition of their success attract more fair weather regulars than clubs who win nothing each year..

When in the odd year times are not so good, these fans seem to disappear..

Hence Matt always makes changes quickly if he thinks the team isn't play off/title winning material as he knows expectations are much higher than at lesser achieving clubs. 300-500 fair weather non attendees each week will leave a big hole in the coffers ..

Victims of their own success to a large degree I would suggest..

Edited by mikebv

4 hours ago, mikebv said:

He is correct though...

Poole by definition of their success attract more fair weather regulars than clubs who win nothing each year..

When in the odd year times are not so good, these fans seem to disappear..

Hence Matt always makes changes quickly if he thinks the team isn't play off/title winning material as he knows expectations are much higher than at lesser achieving clubs. 300-500 fair weather non attendees each week will leave a big hole in the coffers ..

Victims of their own success to a large degree I would suggest..

Crowd wasn't bad on Thursday for a fair weather fan base as you put it. Many clubs would like that sort of fair weather fan base on a regular basis.
The only sort of fair weather fan we get if you want to call it that is the holiday trade. Otherwise our crowds compared to the rest of the league is good.
Many would like to get the attendance we get for a post meeting press conference..:D

49 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Crowd wasn't bad on Thursday for a fair weather fan base as you put it. Many clubs would like that sort of fair weather fan base on a regular basis.
The only sort of fair weather fan we get if you want to call it that is the holiday trade. Otherwise our crowds compared to the rest of the league is good.
Many would like to get the attendance we get for a post meeting press conference..:D

Whoosh, over your head again starry 

On 4/11/2019 at 4:42 PM, Sherborne Green said:

Does it really matter?

I don't know. I am not a Poole supporter but just wondered about whether it was just last year they would not have the suits as I thought the 70th celebrations were the reason last season.

I see the new website up and running. cant see any online ticket sales though . so much easier for people to buy online 

5 hours ago, ray c said:

I see the new website up and running. cant see any online ticket sales though . so much easier for people to buy online 

Looks very nice.... "rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic" springs to mind!

On 4/24/2019 at 10:13 AM, ray c said:

Might be for you, but not for everyone.  You do know you can still pay on the gate, so why would you want to buy on line ?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

Might be for you, but not for everyone.  You do know you can still pay on the gate, so why would you want to buy on line ?

Never said it was most clubs got both so give it a rest . stop criticizing my post it just an opinion :o