British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Yep, I faced the same issue last time I tried to visit their website.  Every other track's site I've been to has the .co domain.  What was the reason for the change?

Every track now has a .com domain.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Every track now has a .com domain.

That may be true but every track has a re-direct set up from the .co except Poole.  Why did the domain change?

23 minutes ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That may be true but every track has a re-direct set up from the .co except Poole.  Why did the domain change?

The Poole website was all about a new design, lay-out, navigation etc, in response to many fans negative feedback about the .co site.

Poole's new co-promoters Danny Ford and Anthony Tilley were instrumental in the new website via the digital marketing company they own and work for and went for the .com domain whilst the new site was in production and then went live with it.  I honestly cannot understand how Poole fans could have missed all the announcements!!?

(I believe the .co domains were a throwback to the Terry Russell regime of media contracts?!)

Edited by Skidder1

Well I for one didn’t see or read the changes but I am not on Facebook/Instagram. The new site is good though a little sparce. Certainly the .co domain should auto direct to the new site. Lost viewers otherwise. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well I for one didn’t see or read the changes but I am not on Facebook/Instagram. The new site is good though a little sparce. Certainly the .co domain should auto direct to the new site. Lost viewers otherwise. 

Where on earth do you get your Pirates info from then? It was also on twitter and as I said in the local media too.  Were you not in the stadium when free Tee shirts were thrown into the crowd to coincide with the new website announcement?

46 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Where on earth do you get your Pirates info from then? It was also on twitter and as I said in the local media too.  Were you not in the stadium when free Tee shirts were thrown into the crowd to coincide with the new website announcement?

Easy to miss things on Twitter tbh. Depends how regularly you go on as if you are not on there when the tweet is posted, you might not go back far enough on your timeline to see it. Unless you actively click on the Poole Speedway account and look through the tweets.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

I haven’t missed a meeting this year but tend to chat with friends and zone out of the centre green chat. Don’t recall T-shirt’s being thrown into the crowd. Get info from here, echo and if I notice it on Twitter.

didnt each home rider throw one t-shirt into the crowd so only seven,easily missed,or were there more thrown which i missed?? thought it was instead of the 300 free easter eggs given to kids in the past!!

I am not a Poole hater, have always had soft spot for them as Brian Crutcher my favourite rider of all time came from there. It is sad however to see the rag bag motley crew they now look, quite apart from results. 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 9:25 PM, ASpeedwayfan said:

Fredrik Jakobsen for Ritchie worrall? Would certainly strengthen the team

Always wanted Freddie back myself but not sure if dropping Richie would be the right move now he is riding a bit better.

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Always wanted Freddie back myself but not sure if dropping Richie would be the right move now he is riding a bit better.

Worrall's cause not helped being in a team of riders with so much inconsistency. If BOTH H/L were performing week in and out TOGETHER (or most of the time) then you can carry a rider who is struggling for form. Having decided to build a side of owned asset riders and so called strength in depth with NO recognised H/L means you need consistency from the whole team to see you through.

Yes Richie has improved a little but 6 points from 5 rides last night ???. Not convinced still, but Poole will have to decide soon as his GSA is dropping so they have to move soon. Problem as I see it is that whether it be a straight replacement or him plus sacrificing one of the reserves to free up a better combined GSA still brings the question of WHO???. Can't think of anyone suitable who would be available within what the Ford's may be willing to pay out. The Uk based half decent ones already signed up elsewhere.

I heard the Freddie was happy now doing Swe (Tue)- DK (We) - POL (Sun) and factor in his WU21 matches and other fixtures got impression maybe not so interested in UK. On top of which I got impression the Ford's don't want the expense of flying in overseas rider/mechanics/entourages in their quest to sell the club asap without negative costs going on the books. Also Freddie for all his potential is NOT a recognised/proven performer in UK and as his scores showed last season you can expect plenty of up's/downs. Does he really need to trudge up and down the UK on our sub standard tracks (in the main excl such as BV). 

It's not like riders such as Klindt who is based in UK (Midlands) and he is happy to be another journeyman like Hans Andersen (but not as good as HA). Riding SWE/DK/UK/POL.

For me replacing say Richie with Freddie won't change a lot.

Would having Klindt and NBJ last night really have made so much difference for example. Last night both their scores in the DK Champ were dire so why do we assume they would have been that much better. Some of the participants in the Comp were not that great. The decent riders as expected got decent scores. Klindt scored 4 and NBJ 3. That's 7 points from a combined 10 rides.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Plus who is gonna pay for it? 

If we were full strength last night we would have won easily. We picked up a paltry 10 points from Brady and Klindt rides. Our 1-7 is fine if they are all there.

Both Brady and Jack have shown stride forward this year. Bar a couple of riders they are as good as any other heat leader in the league. And Josh has shown fine form in recent meetings. Nothing to worry about and we will make the playoffs. From there it’s anyone’s chance to win it.

Last season I thought we were weaker than this year and look what happened. We will be there when it matters.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2