British Speedway Forum

12 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Plus who is gonna pay for it? 

Freddie is already on record stating he is far too busy to come over this season.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Plus who is gonna pay for it? 

Well if it is a cost issue we don't know i would stick with Richie for now. We will make the play offs and our team would have won last night so no need to panic yet. 

29 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Worrall's cause not helped being in a team of riders with so much inconsistency. If BOTH H/L were performing week in and out TOGETHER (or most of the time) then you can carry a rider who is struggling for form. Having decided to build a side of owned asset riders and so called strength in depth with NO recognised H/L means you need consistency from the whole team to see you through.

Yes Richie has improved a little but 6 points from 5 rides last night ???. Not convinced still, but Poole will have to decide soon as his GSA is dropping so they have to move soon. Problem as I see it is that whether it be a straight replacement or him plus sacrificing one of the reserves to free up a better combined GSA still brings the question of WHO???. Can't think of anyone suitable who would be available within what the Ford's may be willing to pay out. The Uk based half decent ones already signed up elsewhere.

I heard the Freddie was happy now doing Swe (Tue)- DK (We) - POL (Sun) and factor in his WU21 matches and other fixtures got impression maybe not so interested in UK. On top of which I got impression the Ford's don't want the expense of flying in overseas rider/mechanics/entourages in their quest to sell the club asap without negative costs going on the books. Also Freddie for all his potential is NOT a recognised/proven performer in UK and as his scores showed last season you can expect plenty of up's/downs. Does he really need to trudge up and down the UK on our sub standard tracks (in the main excl such as BV). 

It's not like riders such as Klindt who is based in UK (Midlands) and he is happy to be another journeyman like Hans Andersen (but not as good as HA). Riding SWE/DK/UK/POL.

For me replacing say Richie with Freddie won't change a lot.

Would having Klindt and NBJ last night really have made so much difference for example. Last night both their scores in the DK Champ were dire so why do we assume they would have been that much better. Some of the participants in the Comp were not that great. The decent riders as expected got decent scores. Klindt scored 4 and NBJ 3. That's 7 points from a combined 10 rides.

Klindt is a decent rider and rides well for us, can't compare what he got in a individual meeting to a league meeting especially in a different country. With our own riders we would have won last night. 

• Like 2

The comments by Matt Ford about costs of bringing over foreign riders were made before Poole got a 2019 main team sponsor. However much they are putting in - along with several other corporate sponsors - I'm sure that doesn't make up for the 2  long term sponsorship deals that have been put on hold for this season due to their own separate business demands, 

Having said that I can't see any uninforced changes during June!!

• Like 1

And last in a 3man race in his next. Not off the pace just outgated by better riders and chasing shadows.

So there should be no reason to expect Kurtz being in Poole`s next match.

3 minutes ago, screm said:

So there should be no reason to expect Kurtz being in Poole`s next match.

of course brady will be in our next meeting why would he not be 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

of course brady will be in our next meeting why would he not be 

Plus he has another 11 days to be ready so should be okay. Definitely need him against KL!! 

I think Brady needs to start looking over his shoulder anyway.

His scores so far this season for Leszno had not been so great even before injury. At the end of this season Smektala has to move into the main team. If you look at all the other riders it will be interesting who has to make way. Can only see it being Brady or Hampel and surely that will be decided by who has the better scores over the season.

Hopefully it is Brady who gets it together. Only had the 2 rides today so still not fit, but when you have riders of the quality of Smektala and Kubera, some would argue that on their day they are better than Brady anyway.

I hope for him he starts scoring some decent points this season, as although this is the best league in the World you still have to perform. He is fortunate that despite plenty of lowish scores he is in the best team in the World with the best 2 reserves so it gets glossed over a bit when they win more often than not. Now he will also have to contend with Lidsey and Bekker coming through notwithstanding any other top riders in the World as there is not points limit in POL.

Having said all that I am sure the future looks good anyway as he would for sure secure a spot elsewhere and would also walk into most Nice 1 teams. Such is the performance level at the top.

Glad to hear Brady is racing again , i don't think it is particularly relevant what he scores in his first meeting back especially against top class riders in another country, he has plenty of time before our next meeting so hopefully by then he will be fully fit and back to his pre-injury form.

Brady was only testing his shoulder out today. He's still not fully fit needs another week or so with the cryotherapy tank. As for his scores as a second string for Leszno the calibre of his teammates will always restrict his scoring potential let alone who he's riding against in Poland!

51 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Brady was only testing his shoulder out today. He's still not fully fit needs another week or so with the cryotherapy tank. As for his scores as a second string for Leszno the calibre of his teammates will always restrict his scoring potential let alone who he's riding against in Poland!

Well hopefully he will be fit very soon, we need him back .

15 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Well hopefully he will be fit very soon, we need him back .

No meeting for 10 days so should be ok unless anything goes wrong in Poland/Sweden in the mean time!!

I don't think our current team is strong enough / consistent enough to win it this year. Not unless they all click when it matters.... Again