British Speedway Forum

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Apparently it`s Premiership only, not supporters cup.

Yep, be glad when the supporters cup is done so we can have a full team back! Shame they can't have all the cup meetings on Monday's. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Yep, be glad when the supporters cup is done so we can have a full team back! Shame they can't have all the cup meetings on Monday's. 

better on a Wednesday or perhaps even better not at all:t:

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

better on a Wednesday or perhaps even better not at all:t:

Exactly, if the supporters cup doesn't get priority why schedule them on a day knowing that riders will not be available.

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 2

Middle of June and I have seen Poole race in person just once. Years ago, I wouldnt have missed even a single meeting. Did that for around 25-30 years. Last week I had intended going to 4 meetings in as many days. Incredibly, there would have been 7 guests!  Complete and utter madness. I accept injury cover,but I do want to watch each teams declared riders racing where possible. None of this 'because his Swedish,Polish,Danish' club needs him. WE need him.

Get out of the FIM. End of.

Poland seem to be pulling all the strings. That makes everyone else their puppet. Cut the strings then they have no one to manipulate. They wanted Sundays, they got it.Now they want every other day as well. So do Sweden and Denmark. UK now has so little speedway on days when the fans can freely attend, home or away.

We dont need the so called 'big names'.  Well, at least they dont need us, so get rid.

The Provincial League did it all back in 1960 and arguably saved British Speedway.

We want our declared 1-7 to be there week in week out. Give us back OUR teams. All the others get theirs, but not us. British Speedway is being raped by the Polish lead FIM.

We need to stand up and be counted.

Neil Vatcher,grow a pair and stand up for British Speedway.

Stuff them.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, BobC said:

where are the promoters Middle of June and I have seen Poole race in person just once. Years ago, I wouldnt have missed even a single meeting. Did that for around 25-30 years. Last week I had intended going to 4 meetings in as many days. Incredibly, there would have been 7 guests!  Complete and utter madness. I accept injury cover,but I do want to watch each teams declared riders racing where possible. None of this 'because his Swedish,Polish,Danish' club needs him. WE need him.

Poland seem to be pulling all the strings. That makes everyone else their puppet. Cut the strings then they have no one to manipulate. They wanted Sundays, they got it.Now they want every other day as well. So do Sweden and Denmark. UK now has so little speedway on days when the fans can freely attend, home or away.

We dont need the so called 'big names'.  Well, at least they dont need us, so get rid.

The Provincial League did it all back in 1960 and arguably saved British Speedway.

We want our declared 1-7 to be there week in week out. Give us back OUR teams. All the others get theirs, but not us. British Speedway is being raped by the Polish lead FIM.

Stuff them.

where are the promoters standing up for brittish speedway .poole have suffered the most with Thursday night guest riders 3 maybe 4 meetings all ready I agree time to break away  

• Like 1

The biggest problem I'd die hard fans,,,, if we all stood together and said,,, we ain't turning up if any of our riders are riding for another team on our fixture nights,,,,, once it's hitting them in the pocket big time,, they will soon do something about it.  That won't happen though,,, cos for some reason die hards are mainly lemmings and will turn up whatever happens.... Die hards,, you are the problem 

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT has happened to UK teams getting priority on Thursdays?

They do for League meetings but not the Supporters Cup. To be fair it was supposed to be a spare week in Sweden this week with no fixtures. The Vetlanda one has been brought back.  So Kurtz misses the Poole meeting but (I assume) Batch rides for Swindon in the league?!

NB.  With all the known problems within our sport, this may well be my final post on this forum as there is simply too much additional negativity being continually spouted. At my advancing age, I try to remain positive but its virtually impossible on here.  I may look in occasionally and will also continue attending all Poole home fixtures.  Bye - at least for now.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

The biggest problem I'd die hard fans,,,, if we all stood together and said,,, we ain't turning up if any of our riders are riding for another team on our fixture nights,,,,, once it's hitting them in the pocket big time,, they will soon do something about it.  That won't happen though,,, cos for some reason die hards are mainly lemmings and will turn up whatever happens.... Die hards,, you are the problem 

Die hards are the only reason British speedway exists.

Exactly,,,,,, so look how powerful they can be if they stood up,,, it's only them that can get things changed,,,, but they won't,, cos that's the way they are

8 hours ago, BobC said:

Middle of June and I have seen Poole race in person just once. Years ago, I wouldnt have missed even a single meeting. Did that for around 25-30 years. Last week I had intended going to 4 meetings in as many days. Incredibly, there would have been 7 guests!  Complete and utter madness. I accept injury cover,but I do want to watch each teams declared riders racing where possible. None of this 'because his Swedish,Polish,Danish' club needs him. WE need him.

Stuff them.

The Bull by the horn should have been taken years ago..

British Speedway cannot compete with other leagues so shouldn't even bother..

I do suspect that it is more the Ego of those within the BSPA that prevents them acknowledging that reality, and then carries them forward, fudging and fiddling with a never ending ludicrous operating model..

In the vain hope that the next fudge or fiddle might succeed..

They seem to want to cling on to 'their' riders at all costs, even though 'their' riders are not even theirs..

And then build their own ridiculous fixture list to suit them rather than the fans..

It is crackers isn't it?

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Exactly,,,,,, so look how powerful they can be if they stood up,,, it's only them that can get things changed,,,, but they won't,, cos that's the way they are

I would say that British Speedway is 'bomb proof' in the views of the die hards..

Let's be honest, if they still attend like they do now they are pretty much immune to all the nonsense that exists..

I would even suggest that they are enjoying themselves, hence go so regularly..;)

8 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

And that's why they are the problem.    

Indeed and even the die hards are diminishing in number......5 years time "we dedicate that win to our supporters, all 20 of them"