British Speedway Forum

I do t think and die hard are enjoying them selves. I'm certainly not. And I'd say all die hard know the sports on its knees. 

Trouble is Pearson/BSPA actually think all things are rosy. They need to start looking inwards at the sport from a fans perspective and not outwards from a biased perspective  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Regarding guests and R/R on a FRN. I think most know my take on it. 

Every club just ride on there preferred day and get on with it. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

I do t think and die hard are enjoying them selves. I'm certainly not. And I'd say all die hard know the sports on its knees. 

Trouble is Pearson/BSPA actually think all things are rosy. They need to start looking inwards at the sport from a fans perspective and not outwards from a biased perspective  

I CAN assure you that Nigel Pearson doesn't think everything is rosy.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

There was a time when I went to Speedway 4 or 5 times a week. No longer, certainly age is catching up on me but mostly I am just losing interest.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

nigel pearson does a darn good job trying to promote our sport at every opportunity

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ray c said:

nigel pearson does a darn good job trying to promote our sport at every opportunity

Yes he does do a good job at promoting the sport. Cant deny that 

46 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

He needs to give his vires then. Ppl high up need to voice there concerns if they have any 

1 hour ago, PHILIPRISING said:

Agreed. Don’t blame Nigel and Kel as they have to be positive on air but they know better than most the true desperate state of British Speedway. Actually all the club promoters know what a sorry state the sports in as they are losing hard cash but they are to blame and frankly haven’t got a clue how to get out of the mess they have created. 

British Speedway has been on a slippery slope for a while now but more recently run firmly into the ground by Chapman & Co. There are few clubs, if any, making money and are unsustainable and therefore unsaleable. Who would want to invest in a speedway club now?  Fact, MF is only at Poole because he can not sell the club. Belle Vue have the best stadium and track in the UK and are losing and large fortune. Madness. 

11 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

Agreed. Don’t blame Nigel and Kel as they have to be positive on air but they know better than most the true desperate state of British Speedway. Actually all the club promoters know what a sorry state the sports in as they are losing hard cash but they are to blame and frankly haven’t got a clue how to get out of the mess they have created. 

British Speedway has been on a slippery slope for a while now but more recently run firmly into the ground by Chapman & Co. There are few clubs, if any, making money and are unsustainable and therefore unsaleable. Who would want to invest in a speedway club now?  Fact, MF is only at Poole because he can not sell the club. Belle Vue have the best stadium and track in the UK and are losing and large fortune. Madness. 

Would you say that belle vue is over priced on admision charges though

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

Standing is cheapest In the league 

6 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Standing is cheapest In the league 

And kids free in the south stand 

9 minutes ago, ray c said:

Good question! I hear people saying uk speedway admission is generally overpriced and should be £10. But compared with other sports £18 to £22 range is good value.

The track and racing at BV is so good I think the admission is very fair.

I certainly don’t think the admission cost is to blame for the mess Speedway is in! 

44 minutes ago, ray c said:

100%...

If it wasn't, more people would go..

People often come on here and compare prices to football and say that speedways prices are on a par with the lower leagues..

The huge difference of course is that football has a brand identity and is recognised by the wider public..

Speedway has no sutch  brand recognition so any non speedway aware man my age, with a 16 yr old son like I have, is hardly likely to see a £25 admission for them both as something that would entice him to give it a go..

Those who run the sport may see their pricing structure as reasonable, justified and value for money, and have a million perfectly valid reasons why it is what it is, however, that is irrelevant, as its the amount of customers who purchase your product which validates the pricing structure..

Or not as it would appear in the case of speedway,.

NB it was cheaper for me and my lad to watch the SoN on a Saturday night at the NSS than an Aces match on a Thursday there..

The SoN was a sell out....

"Quelle surprise!" as Dimitri Berge may say...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have always felt if it was sold as "15 races for £15 " i.e. £1 per race it does not sound bad....,..,