British Speedway Forum

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

And that alone should raise the asking price to over 10k - a bit too high for Buster to add it to his portfolio of clubs.

But Shovler claimed it was worth a six figure sum  :lol:

17 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

But Shovler claimed it was worth a six figure sum  :lol:

That's correct : £1 + £1 + £1 + £1 + £1 + £1 = £6 :wink:

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

18 hours ago, geoff58 said:

dread to think what it will be like for the meeting against b/vue next thursday ? not much time for it to be settled ? or is it a quick fix ??

The surface will be like a billiard table come next Thursday.!!!!

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Now say that with a straight face! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

we are snookered then :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

maybe a deal with sheffield "buy one get one free"

That's it then if Buster buys Poole and gets Sheffield included ( and "promotes" them ) he almost has enough for the 2020 Premier League on TV ( never boring ). Wolverhampton will go on regardless it seems but Belle Vue are shaky. Very nearly enough to fulfil the Grand Design of Mr Chapman. In fact if BV pulled out and Buster could buy Leicester ( and promote them, of course, he could because it would be his league! ) it would cut down on travelling costs, especially if Swindon hang on in there it's a nice Midlands-ish map. Coming soon to a country near you! Rider control and costs in one Iron Fist.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

That's it then if Buster buys Poole and gets Sheffield included ( and "promotes" them ) he almost has enough for the 2020 Premier League on TV ( never boring ). Wolverhampton will go on regardless it seems but Belle Vue are shaky. Very nearly enough to fulfil the Grand Design of Mr Chapman. In fact if BV pulled out and Buster could buy Leicester ( and promote them, of course, he could because it would be his league! ) it would cut down on travelling costs, especially if Swindon hang on in there it's a nice Midlands-ish map. Coming soon to a country near you! Rider control and costs in one Iron Fist.

Don’t joke...it might just come true and that would be THE END...!!!

4 hours ago, Chris116 said:

Now say that with a straight face! 

Having a laugh i know,    i truly  want Poole to sort there track out a great track in the past i just want it to be restored to the track it once was.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Having a laugh i know,    i truly  want Poole to sort there track out a great track in the past i just want it to be restored to the track it once was.

It will be. Ideally John could do with a bit more time and a decent bit of rain. But nobody knows the track better than him. Hopefully this new stuff will bind a lot better. In an ideal world this needs doing mid season and in October. It should ride an awful lot better. John was also responsable for the track in the 0-4 World cup at poole. It was a shame he retired in 0-12..

Edited by Starman2006

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

It will be. Ideally John could do with a bit more time and a decent bit of rain. But nobody knows the track better than him. Hopefully this new stuff will bind a lot better. In an ideal world this needs doing mid season and in October. It should ride an awful lot better. John was also responsable for the track in the 0-4 World cup at poole. It was a shame he retired in 0-12..

We all hope it will be but don't know how you can be certain it will be sorted considering how many years they have had to sort it out.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

We all hope it will be but don't know how you can be certain it will be sorted considering how many years they have had to sort it out.

True, its gone on far to long, really needs time, but time is what we dont really have. But John is doing his best and i would think it will ride a lot better. Ideall;y they could have done with rain over the weekend, but that doesnt look likely. But it should be a lot better come thursday.

1 hour ago, Starman2006 said:

True, its gone on far to long, really needs time, but time is what we dont really have. But John is doing his best and i would think it will ride a lot better. Ideall;y they could have done with rain over the weekend, but that doesnt look likely. But it should be a lot better come thursday.

I would rather it didn't rain at the weekend thanks! Hope its better Thursday. People will stop going if the track doesn't improve. 

9 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would rather it didn't rain at the weekend thanks! Hope its better Thursday. People will stop going if the track doesn't improve. 

Would have done the track the world of good.

35 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Would have done the track the world of good.

Did they not sort out a water truck along with the blader and grader etc.....

• Haha 1