British Speedway Forum

quick recovery for jack holder riding for torun tonight :o

7 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

quick recovery for jack holder riding for torun tonight :o

fit for us Monday then 

14 minutes ago, ray c said:

fit for us Monday then 

wouldn't hold your breath its wolves away ;)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

It will be. Ideally John could do with a bit more time and a decent bit of rain. But nobody knows the track better than him. Hopefully this new stuff will bind a lot better. In an ideal world this needs doing mid season and in October. It should ride an awful lot better. John was also responsable for the track in the 0-4 World cup at poole. It was a shame he retired in 0-12..

Well there's plenty of thunderstorms kicking around on Monday so....

17 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Bit confused why there is never any videos from Poole on the BSPA website?

Well they had H13 from last week...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Well they had H13 from last week...

Trackrat is  just on a wind up again probably really fed up we won. 

• Like 2

I know nothing about track preparation just a load of shale on the floor stuck together somehow and blokes race around on bikes like they do at the millenium stadium for the Grand Prix and if i am not mistaken that seems ok i may be wrong but as that is a temporary track just loads of trucks turn up dump their load and it is stuck together why can't Poole do the same,what is so difficult if you can turn a rugby ground into a racing track what is stopping Wimborne Road from having the same, 

8 hours ago, Sunliner said:

I know nothing about track preparation just a load of shale on the floor stuck together somehow and blokes race around on bikes like they do at the millenium stadium for the Grand Prix and if i am not mistaken that seems ok i may be wrong but as that is a temporary track just loads of trucks turn up dump their load and it is stuck together why can't Poole do the same,what is so difficult if you can turn a rugby ground into a racing track what is stopping Wimborne Road from having the same, 

I mean in fairness they have down the years had difficulty with the temporary tracks rutting and holes appearing, but in recent seasons seem to have got producing a decent racetrack down to an art - but very different material used for the indoor tracks to that of one that lives outside exposed to the elements - the material they use for the temp indoor tracks wouldn’t work in the same way in a permanent outdoor setting.

i’m not excusing poole’s track it’s frankly been atrocious for years and years now and could easily have been made better, but don’t think the temporary indoor tracks are a good or fair comparison it’s quite different 

8 hours ago, Sunliner said:

The issue is the base. Cardiffs track is laid on a hard flat surface. The Wimborne road track has an uneven base so it doesn’t matter how much shale is pit on, it doesn’t solve this issue. 

We’ll soon see if the track problems have been sold on Thursday night.  

.the only thing I know about the poole track there is a lot more shale been put on. it lets hope we got a few more racing lines for Thursday meeting 

Edited by ray c

36 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The issue is the base. Cardiffs track is laid on a hard flat surface. The Wimborne road track has an uneven base so it doesn’t matter how much shale is pit on, it doesn’t solve this issue. 

What he said.

42 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So 10 years ago when the Poole track was good , wasnt the base uneven then? Or has the base become uneven over the years.

Fact remains the track is poor bordering on dangerous and hopefully this week it will be sorted

Poole thumped Belle Vue earlier in the season and i would expect and 18 point win in this one