British Speedway Forum

41 minutes ago, ray c said:

I know that that .give matt a ring and find out why if your that interested 

:nono::cry:

4 hours ago, geoff58 said:

Neilsen is a brit :party:

Exactly! And had a long term injury, so a collection would have been a good idea imo. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So collections for Richie and Nico next week then???!! (PS that would be the second one for Nico!!)

Nico due back soon so no

Richie is season ending so yes 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, geoff58 said:

he wasn't when he broke his leg riding for poole !! not to have a collection for him is disgraceful !!

Harris crashed at the same time and wrecked his bike. Not short of a few bob, and was useful to Poole, so got a collection. 

While Neilsen was a Poole rider, Probably lived hand to mouth in comparison, he was no use to Poole after his injury, so didn't get one.

They are the facts as I see it.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 8

36 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Harris crashed at the same time and wrecked his bike. Not short of a few bob, and was useful to Poole, so got a collection. 

While Neilsen was a Poole rider, Probably lived hand to mouth in comparison, he was no use to Poole after his injury, so didn't get one.

They are the facts as I see it.

The Chris Harris collection was not organised by Matt Ford or Poole Speedway, it was done by a supporter off their own back.:t:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scottyfan said:

The Chris Harris collection was not organised by Matt Ford or Poole Speedway, it was done by a supporter off their own back.:t:

So Ford didn't ask for either ? :blink:

8 hours ago, scottyfan said:

Quite correct.

10 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

So Ford didn't ask for either ? :blink:

I think they had a collection for the SRBF the week before, I think that was the reason given by some anyway..

23 hours ago, Gavan said:

Awful comment

You can’t do a collection for riders who might miss say a month but for a broken leg , season ending, he should have had one done 

Do you not agree with collections for Sam Norris then as he ‘ knew the risks’

All injured riders should get some form of collection regardless of the severity of the injury, whether it makes £100 or £1000, it's the humane thing to do.

• Like 2

So Poole have reneged on their promise to stage a round of the British Youth Championships. (All Premiership clubs agreed to hold a round at the AGM).

Does anybody know the reason or will there be a reason given? Nothing on the Poole website at the moment.

British Youth Speedway statement;

"It is with great regret that the Poole Promotion have informed the Young Lions Management that despite agreement at the 2018 AGM, that they will not be able to host a British Youth Championship round during the 2019 season. The Championship Round at Poole was booked in for Thursday 22nd August.

Youth Co Ordinator Neil Vatcher said, I am really disappointed that the Poole round will now not be going ahead, as with all the rounds in 2019, I know that the riders were really looking forward to riding at the Premiership venue, but unfortunately this will now not be happening.

I am currently in the process of speaking with another venue about possibly hosting a round somewhere else, and am awaiting details on that.

I wanted to let all the riders know as soon as possible, as a lot of them were travelling from the North, and either have or were intending on making accommodation arrangements."

Yes a strange situation this one.  I queried the date when it was first announced as the Pirates are away at Swindon that night. Its still on the Pirates website fixture list and being sponsored by one of the major sponsors of both Poole and the Youth series - Wessex Marine.

A shame if it doesn’t go ahead but I am guessing the rent would have been the same with a tiny crowd. Many Poole fans would be at Blunsdon the same night. A shame but to run an event like this it has to be financially viable.

doesnt make the club look good,think the target for this season is to spend the bare minimum and filter the maximum then make decisions at the end of the season!

• Like 1

Just now, poole keith said:

doesnt make the club look good,think the target for this season is to spend the bare minimum and filter the maximum then make decisions at the end of the season!

I don't think that's far out Keith.

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

A shame if it doesn’t go ahead but I am guessing the rent would have been the same with a tiny crowd. Many Poole fans would be at Blunsdon the same night. A shame but to run an event like this it has to be financially viable.

I thought it was sponsored By one of Pooles  major sponsors, who also is sponsoring the Youth series. Odd one :blink: