British Speedway Forum

9 minutes ago, GWC said:

Interesting that Ford has come out for one league as he has calculated that he could keep Kurtz and Holder so long as their averages remain low.

You know what Ford is like he don't get his own way he cries and threatens to drop down a league 

9 minutes ago, GWC said:

Interesting that Ford has come out for one league as he has calculated that he could keep Kurtz and Holder so long as their averages remain low.

I think i'm right in saying that Ford was always against one league. How times change.

• Like 1

I thought matt said earlier that this was his last season come what may if true not sure what happens to poole speedway after that ?

need to keep speedway at wimborne rd continuously, a break of even one season would create big planning problems youd think. Matt is still a massive poole fan so im sure will do his best for the club, however it appears no one is going to pay anywhere near his reported asking prices maybe have to "give it away" and sell as many assets as possible to whoever

• Like 1

17 hours ago, HGould said:

I think if Matt Ford can't get the "one big league" he wants on CL level pay that's him out and away from UK Speedway.

Not sure the son has a clue!

Worrying times for Poole and the Sport.

Is Steve Shoveller Matt Ford's son then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

need to keep speedway at wimborne rd continuously, a break of even one season would create big planning problems youd think. Matt is still a massive poole fan so im sure will do his best for the club, however it appears no one is going to pay anywhere near his reported asking prices maybe have to "give it away" and sell as many assets as possible to whoever

Not worth the paper its written on, their really isn't much to sell.

2 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Is Steve Shoveller Matt Ford's son then?

Would be a bit impossible!

• Haha 1

Very unfortunate that the meeting has been cancelled but if it meant losing money that’s the only option. I wouldn’t attend and neither would hundreds of others, meaning a minuscule crowd with the rent remaining the same.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Very unfortunate that the meeting has been cancelled but if it meant losing money that’s the only option. I wouldn’t attend and neither would hundreds of others, meaning a minuscule crowd with the rent remaining the same.

the meeting should not have been scheduled  the same night poole are at Swindon in the first place 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yet EVERY top flight club have agreed to host a round.

I fail to see any valid reason why one club can withdraw when all clubs face a potential dip in crowds. I’m sure the cost to get in is much smaller than usual and hopefully someone can confirm this?

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Says it all really ....

• Like 1

still no comment from our promoters I see well not on the website as of yet 

24 minutes ago, ray c said:

still no comment from our promoters I see well not on the website as of yet 

That surprises you as I hope they’re ashamed of themselves.

1 minute ago, Crazy robin said:

That surprises you as I hope they’re ashamed of themselves.

Hopefully they haven't said anything cos they are rearranging it but as they are looking at having it at a different track it doesn't seem likely. Communication is not good this year!