British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Trees said:

Says it all really ....

It does, what would your club do , run at a massive loss ?

36 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

It does, what would your club do , run at a massive loss ?

No!, run it as agreed at the start of the season. This Sunday at Kings Lynn. Good luck to all the youngsters..

• Like 8

Heard a rumour the reason Matt Ford won’t run the meeting is because he can’t charge £20 admission!!!!!

2 hours ago, Crazy robin said:

Do you not think the clubs that have already held them didn’t lose money on it then?.

What a total lack of interest in British speedway the owners of Poole have shown.

How you can even defend this is beyond me as it’s one of the very reasons the sport is on its knees.

Not defending it. I think if Poole committed to a round they should make sure that obligation is fulfilled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

Kings Lynn are charging £8 on Sunday with children free and £2 for programme

The massive difference being Kings Lynn don’t pay thousands in rent. Chapman could actually open the gates for free and not lose money, other than peoples time and running costs, fuel, electric etc.

Would have thought that all money taken would be under what it will cost  to run the meeting    don't know but would have thought the riders would get some help in expenses

17 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The massive difference being Kings Lynn don’t pay thousands in rent. Chapman could actually open the gates for free and not lose money, other than peoples time and running costs, fuel, electric etc.

Not forgetting £x,000 for rider pay.......

2 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Not forgetting £x,000 for rider pay.......

Fair enough on that. No point Poole running a meeting when the team are at Swindon. We normally take a lot of fans to Blunsdon and being top of the league will no doubt bring a couple of hundred fans along. Those would miss the kids meeting. 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Fair enough on that. No point Poole running a meeting when the team are at Swindon. We normally take a lot of fans to Blunsdon and being top of the league will no doubt bring a couple of hundred fans along. Those would miss the kids meeting. 

And totally ignore the kids, who are the future.....Pathetic.....

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, K3Scotty said:

the meeting is on the wrong night not necessary plenty more nights in a season not when poole are 60 miles up the road

2 hours ago, K3Scotty said:

I think they charge the most ££ to let them in too.

Ford has been good for Poole, because it was making him money. Now it ain't he don't want to know. I think he threatened to pull out if it went to one league, not so long ago. Now he can't sell the club, so he wants it. Do me a favour :unsure:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

Swindon website shows Poole visiting Blunsdon on Sept 19 so does BSPA site. 

6 hours ago, Anzum said:

Swindon website shows Poole visiting Blunsdon on Sept 19 so does BSPA site. 

so I see meeting must have been changed for some reason still on the poole website though .we are not very clever at keeping our supporters informed im afraid ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Midland Red said:

Is Steve Shoveller Matt Ford's son then?

Other way round

• Haha 1