British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No I took you off block to laugh to your posts. 

Another lie

On 7/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

We went with a Brit in Kyle. He scored zero. We should have gone with Jonny foreigner and won by a bigger margin!

I believe that all Premiership teams should have 2 young Brits in the reserve berth who stay there for the whole season, regardless of what they score. It was a terrible call to drop this a couple of years ago and should be reinstated for next season, should there be a top league.

On 7/13/2019 at 6:36 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

We went with a Brit in Kyle. He scored zero. We should have gone with Jonny foreigner and won by a bigger margin!

I believe that all Premiership teams should have 2 young Brits in the reserve berth who stay there for the whole season, regardless of what they score. It was a terrible call to drop this a couple of years ago and should be reinstated for next season, should there be a top league.

If there's only one league - outside the NDL - surely it would be the top league?

Edited by Guest

Jakobsen back for Berwick tonight 8 + 1

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Hopefully he can hit some form for us. He's been ok so far but I think he has more to come 

9 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Hopefully he can hit some form for us. He's been ok so far but I think he has more to come 

Well he's raised his average and done pretty well. Bearing in mind the struggles we have had getting guests to cover although Wells has largely done a good job and could be an option i think we are better off with NBJ.

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Well he's raised his average and done pretty well. Bearing in mind the struggles we have had getting guests to cover although Wells has largely done a good job and could be an option i think we are better off with NBJ.

Wells has the ability to hit 10 points or 0 points. NBJ slightly more reliable and I would rather stick with him as well. For now at least. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, stevebrum said:

There are lots FB if we are to go to bringing back young reserves.

Next year there will be even more who are really exciting.

That is good news for the future but they have to establish themselves in the lower leagues first and it showed the gulf when Bickley guested for Belle Vue recently. Bickley is a terrific prospect but i said before the meeting it was too early in his development to ride in the top division. 

2 minutes ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

Wells has the ability to hit 10 points or 0 points. NBJ slightly more reliable and I would rather stick with him as well. For now at least. 

I think NBJ has more potential and gives his all not something you could always say about Wells. 

Newman is finished , his best years are behind him now sadly . 

He was superb for Poole in those years at reserve though.

• Like 1

Both NBJ (Berwick) and Wells (Edinburgh) have 3 more meetings before Thursday's Poole v Ipswich meeting including guesting against each other in the Panthers v Aces TV meeting.  So maybe we'll be able to better judge both their consistency and return to fitness?

Somerset are also due to race Wednesday so will Nico also be back?

Edited by Skidder1

29 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Both NBJ (Berwick) and Wells (Edinburgh) have 2 more meetings before Thursday's Poole v Ipswich meeting.  So maybe we'll be able to better judge both their consistency and return to fitness?

Somerset are also due to race Wednesday so will Nico also be back?

If Nico is back great otherwise i would use Wells again. 

12 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

And riding at Leicester today by the way didn't have appendix op was riding well last night

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

And riding at Leicester today by the way didn't have appendix op was riding well last night

Didn't think he did have the op if he is back already!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, foreverblue said:

That is good news for the future but they have to establish themselves in the lower leagues first and it showed the gulf when Bickley guested for Belle Vue recently. Bickley is a terrific prospect but i said before the meeting it was too early in his development to ride in the top division. 

There are some great kids coming thru. Both Thompson twins, Leon Flint, Kemp, the Mcgurks, Jordan Palin to name a few. Think only Flint is 16. So yes a huge step up for them in next year or 2. IF it does go to one big league next year I hope they keep minimum one youngster at reserve for all teams.

For their progression I’d like to see number 7s in the top flight all youngsters. And heat 8 protected as well, that way they get 2 races with their opposite number. 

Bring back the 2 point minimum average for top flight and include the kids at 7.

We can all see how the Poles push their next generation. Guaranteed to stay at reserve as well. The only way clubs will invest in youth. The better clubs will cream the best kids but you only have to look at the best Polish teams who have 2 power packed reserves. 

The richest clubs will pay for the best kids, which is fine in my books If it means we put in a structure for the future.

And not simply for a year quick fix.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

And how can you make that judgement on 2 guest apperances ?

What a bell, Newman has only ever been a reserve rider and always will be.