British Speedway Forum

haven't seen where Richie has said he hopes to ride in the brittish final next Monday evening 

56 minutes ago, ray c said:

haven't seen where Richie has said he hopes to ride in the brittish final next Monday evening 

He's listed as riding and one of his Poole sponsors has confirmed he's had the cast off and clips removed and is currently wearing a protective boot (I'v seen the photos) whilst getting further rehab whilst holidaying in Portugal!!  When he had the op the surgeon was very pleased with the outcome and said that he should be able to return in 6 weeks.  Ok the British Final is only 5 weeks on but we all know what speedway riders can be like.

Assuming he does ride on the 29th then his performance may give the club a better guide as to whether he will be ok to return for Poole.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

I would love to have Richie back as the lack of a signing would indicate there are no viable alternatives but would rather he came back fully fit.

Very nice to see ive been missed

I was banned for using the word pillock......seen far worse on here but there you go

Fair play to Poole for winning at our place.........10 for Brady more then he would likely have got............plus the horses for courses reserves helped.....Wells now becoming a full time team member........In the first match this season our reserves outscored Pooles by 11-6 and this time it was 15-9 in Pooles favour. Jake still not fit and Cam poor by his seasons standards means im sure we can revrse this in the play offs if we meet.

In the away match the loss of Kurtz was balanced by no Harris. Barker did as much as Worrall, and we had 2 bad displays from Richard and Cam

The play offs to me are Poole Ipswich, Belle Vue and Swindon. And out of those i would still choose Poole as the matches have all been fairly close and i could see us losing heavily at Belle Vue or Swindon , yet at Poole we will keep it close.

So Richie's rehab has not gone to plan and he has withdrawn from the British Final!!!!!

7 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Richie's rehab has not gone to plan and he has withdrawn from the British Final!!!!!

We all know that was a bit optimistic - if unrealistic.  I hope he has a speedy recovery.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well that isn't any surprise .

• Like 1

never thought for one minute he would be riding .still we got three home meetings in a row so maybe no hurry to sign anyone 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

never thought for one minute he would be riding .still we got three home meetings in a row so maybe no hurry to sign anyone 

I think you will go RR at home  with Josh and the two reserves taking his rides

5 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think you will go RR at home  with Josh and the two reserves taking his rides

At home that should do just as good as Worrall / better. But would just always prefer to watch a team with 7 fully fit riders 

Good to see that Brady is back on a MotoX bike on the new track at Middlo's!!:D:t:

53 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Good to see that Brady is back on a MotoX bike on the new track at Middlo's!!:D:t:

Sooner see. him on a speedway bike to be honest :party:

Edited by ray c

5 hours ago, ray c said:

Sooner see. him on a speedway bike to be honest :party:

Tomorrow night in Sweden!!!

9 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Tomorrow night in Sweden!!!

tv match then