British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Theres certainly no mention on the website any more - other than the early season photos.

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Theres certainly no mention on the website any more - other than the early season photos.

And they’ve been removed from the list of sponsors. It will be interesting to hear how Nigel introduces the team tomorrow!!!

Edited by Aviator

28 minutes ago, Aviator said:

And they’ve been removed from the list of sponsors. It will be interesting to hear how Nigel introduces the team tomorrow!!!

Does anyone know why 

When will the club come clean or will it all be swept under the carpet? ;)

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

That’s is not good if they removed their support, clearly not happy with something.

Or it could be the other way around. I'm sure we'll know tomorrow night.

Could be he other way around for all we know. Have they paid their bill?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I take it it's that cleaning company..? If I remember there was a few on here mentioned at the time that they had no money when they looked into company house, and the people behind the firm had a bit of history. But then I read it was a new crew running things, so who knows. With Poole top of the league I would of thought firms would want to be associated with the club.

Either way not good for Poole, be it the club or sponsor pulling the plug :(

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I take it it's that cleaning company..? If I remember there was a few on here mentioned at the time that they had no money when they looked into company house, and the people behind the firm had a bit of history. But then I read it was a new crew running things, so who knows. With Poole top of the league I would of thought firms would want to be associated with the club.

Either way not good for Poole, be it the club or sponsor pulling the plug :(

Trouble is you can't be picky nowadays with sponsors, makes it difficult. 

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

You can dress it up which ever way you like but, not paying your sponsorship bill is the same as withdrawing support.

Not at all. Could be a company after free advertising. I am not saying they are, but a carpet cleaning company is not a big sponsor in the scheme of things and perhaps overstepped their advertising budget. A company could make an initial payment, but when the next payment is due, try to spin it out until the club ‘pull the rug’, so to speak! I am not saying this is the case.

Only other time I can recall an issue with main sponsor is when Coastal Aluminium went bust. The Poole promotion had obviously been paid so kept them as main team sponsors even after the company had folded, so that no litigation could come their way.

With Poole top of the league, it cannot be a performance issue. 

44 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not at all. Could be a company after free advertising. I am not saying they are, but a carpet cleaning company is not a big sponsor in the scheme of things and perhaps overstepped their advertising budget. A company could make an initial payment, but when the next payment is due, try to spin it out until the club ‘pull the rug’, so to speak! I am not saying this is the case.

Only other time I can recall an issue with main sponsor is when Coastal Aluminium went bust. The Poole promotion had obviously been paid so kept them as main team sponsors even after the company had folded, so that no litigation could come their way.

I don’t think I was inferring that there were any issues with the teams performance and, nor would I with the way they have performed to date. However, there is clearly something adrift in the “commercial department”.

I have it on very good authority that the Cleaning Company have been very good at getting all the initial hype and publicity but have a track record (sic) of not sticking to agreements!  Not sure what the reasons may have been for that but with MF not being around so much to do all the usual 'glad-handing' that may have something to do with it?!

Doubtless will find out tonight - if MF is there?!

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I have it on very good authority that the Cleaning Company have been very good at getting all the initial hype and publicity but have a track record (sic) of not sticking to agreements!  Not sure what the reasons may have been for that but with MF not being around so much to do all the usual 'glad-handing' that may have something to do with it?!

Doubtless will find out tonight - if MF is there?!

well he was in the stadium yesterday I believe 

Matt has been at every home race so far this season. 

11 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I’m sure Meridian Lifts pulled out half way through the season a few years ago too.