Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

10 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Oh No! With the track seemingly sorted and close racing returning to Wimborne Rd, the value of the club should have soared to something over four figures. What's going on?

£10-00 still expensive tho

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mikebv said:

I think you would be surprised just how important EVERY sponsor is to balance the books...

Attendances alone at the vast majority of tracks simply don't cover the costs..

And good crowds sometimes only go to offset the poor ones (how much did Poole lose in the Ipswich match alone, was it over £20k that was quoted..)..

Hopefully all recouped last night, but it shows that getting weekly (guaranteed) sponsors money, means a constant income stream, which supports the club when the fanbase can fluctuate so wildly week on week..

Indeed, I see that the accounts for Poole Speedway for the year ended Feb 2019 are now on Companies House. 

Capital & Reserves down from £76.9k to £40.4k, so not a good 2018?

11 hours ago, woofers said:

Indeed, I see that the accounts for Poole Speedway for the year ended Feb 2019 are now on Companies House. 

Capital & Reserves down from £76.9k to £40.4k, so not a good 2018?

...and MF made no secret of that fact!!

With a change of main sponsors possible, it seems like the decision to go with race jackets rather than race suits was a prudent one....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2019 at 11:13 PM, Debbs said:

Sponsors r  leaving Poole .who can blame them. Last season for sure .

You would love that to happen wouldn't you, sorry to disappoint you, but after last Thursdays massive gate, no chance, the sport can ill afford to lose clubs like poole 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

You would love that to happen wouldn't you, sorry to disappoint you, but after last Thursdays massive gate, no chance, the sport can ill afford to lose clubs like poole 

it was the biggest attendance of the season so far

4 hours ago, ray c said:

it was the biggest attendance of the season so far

I think in a couple of weeks vs Swindon will be bigger and prob bigger next week as 1st vs 2nd. 

9 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think in a couple of weeks vs Swindon will be bigger and prob bigger next week as 1st vs 2nd. 

I think the Swindon meeting is on TV maybe wrong not sure

11 minutes ago, ray c said:

I think the Swindon meeting is on TV maybe wrong not sure

The one at Poole is,  so the number attending is likely to be down.

BT showing Wolves v Peterborough on Monday when 1st v 2nd is on this week. Like showing Brighton v Crystal Palace and not televising Man City v Liverpool.

21 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BT showing Wolves v Peterborough on Monday when 1st v 2nd is on this week. Like showing Brighton v Crystal Palace and not televising Man City v Liverpool.

We're all well aware that you have at least one crystal ball, but give BT a break. They obviously have to set their schedule well ahead of time and they can't have Poole on every week even if it feels like they do sometimes.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

BT showing Wolves v Peterborough on Monday when 1st v 2nd is on this week. Like showing Brighton v Crystal Palace and not televising Man City v 

Must be the only speedway support who wants there team on bt meeting. Suppose it save you £18 every meeting.

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Actually you are wrong its monday week still a speedway meeting cant compare  speedway with football

Edited by ray c

37 minutes ago, ray c said:

Actually you are wrong its monday week still a speedway meeting cant compere speedway with football

And definitely not being compared with Liverpool FC! 

1 hour ago, 1984Star said:

Must be the only speedway support who wants there team on bt meeting. Suppose it save you £18 every meeting.

Being on BT wouldn’t stop me attending, home or away.