British Speedway Forum

Just now, Aces51 said:

I think you've got it the wrong way round.  Batchelor has been on fire most of the season. It was his relatively poor performance at BV that was the exception and tonight he was back to his best. 

I'll take your word for it!

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

We are more about being a team than individuals! :) (I'll have a look in the programme on Mon, unless it's over 8.5, not on fire)

One away win and Swindon are unbeatable lol. Well til Mon night anyway.. :D

Not that I want to turn this into a Swindon chat but Troy’s 2019 average from 16 meetings (prior to tonight) is 8.46, 9.01 with bonus points. Rolling is 7.92/8.45.....not too bad 

9 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Not that I want to turn this into a Swindon chat but Troy’s 2019 average from 16 meetings (prior to tonight) is 8.46, 9.01 with bonus points. Rolling is 7.92/8.45.....not too bad 

He’s on fire !!

• Like 1

When you build a so-called 'top heavy' team then your heat leaders should have better averages than any team built for 'strength in depth'!  Swindon have a chance - not a strong chance imo - on Monday to go top of the league, but either way it should be a good meeting and the play-offs will be far better for having both Poole and Swindon qualifying.

Still the Premiership table still looks mighty fine this morning!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2

Not sure why the Play Offs would be better with Poole & Swindon but they are both going to qualify, would put them as joint favourites right now. Ipswich look vulnerable but can’t really see Wolves or Lynn getting on enough of a roll to pop them. 

Just hope Belle Vue hang on as they have the only proper race track in the league. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not sure why the Play Offs would be better with Poole & Swindon but they are both going to qualify, would put them as joint favourites right now. Ipswich look vulnerable but can’t really see Wolves or Lynn getting on enough of a roll to pop them. 

Just hope Belle Vue hang on as they have the only proper race track in the league. 

Better attendances if/when they meet each other and a better financial end to the season for both!!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

He’s on fire !!

Nope. 8.46 just below the 8.5 cut off for being on fire. :P :D

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Better attendances if/when they meet each other and a better financial end to the season for both!!

As it would be for any other club. 

I grant you though that big crowds look much better on telly. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As it would be for any other club. 

I grant you though that big crowds look much better on telly. 

The travelling support for Poole/Swindon meetings in the play offs will be much greater than any of the other teams - except perhaps Kings Lynn v Ipswich, but as that isn't going to happen, I didn't concern myself with it!!

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The travelling support for Poole/Swindon meetings in the play offs will be much greater than any of the other teams - except perhaps Kings Lynn v Ipswich, but as that isn't going to happen, I didn't concern myself with it!!

Not impossible but extremely unlikely. 

5 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Unfortunately he is as unpleasant not in a wheelchair to what he is in a wheelchair on social media. 

As Poole supporter i agree with you shame really

• Like 2

Just now, ray c said:

As Poole supporter i agree with you shame really

Not sure how anyone can defend his behaviour to be honest.

A total natural on a bike, a waste of space off it.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Not sure how anyone can defend his behaviour to be honest.

A total natural on a bike, a waste of space off it.

Used to follow him on Twitter don't bother anymore

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Used to follow him on Twitter don't bother anymore

From the comments people have made about him it’s no wonder I haven’t even bothered as well.

Definitely not as bad now. Although he does share Donald Trumps tweets quite a lot!