British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

They staying then are they? I thought Matt was definitely selling after this season? :unsure:

Matt will only sell it if he has a buyer at the right price!!  He's brought his son Danny and colleague Tilley in as co-promoters so that they can take the brunt of the day-to-day running of the club with Matt keeping an eye from abroad. This season Matt is flying in for most of the Pirates home meetings but its Danny that is being shown the ropes and becoming the 'front man' - hence its Danny that is now quoted in most news stories and publicity.

I think this is season is one of transition - not forgetting that Danny and Tilley also have their own day jobs.

2 minutes ago, simon.c said:

I see on Facebook that THJ is advertising himself to ride in the UK for the rest of the season, would he fit?

He said the same thing earlier in the season before he got his Polish 3rd division place, BUT he does fit, he is a Poole asset but will he cost more than the club want to afford?

2 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt will only sell it if he has a buyer at the right price!!  He's brought his son Danny and colleague Tilley in as co-promoters so that they can take the brunt of the day-to-day running of the club with Matt keeping an eye from abroad. This season Matt is flying in for most of the Pirates home meetings but its Danny that is being shown the ropes and becoming the 'front man' - hence its Danny that is now quoted in most news stories and publicity.

I think this is season is one of transition - not forgetting that Danny and Tilley also have their own day jobs.

well I would have thought with the state of speedway in this country selling at the right price is a long way off

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ray c said:

well I would have thought with the state of speedway in this country selling at the right price is a long way off

Exactly!!

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

He said the same thing earlier in the season before he got his Polish 3rd division place, BUT he does fit, he is a Poole asset but will he cost more than the club want to afford?

Only if he is prepared to bring his own stuff over, from the start. I don't know what his form is like abroad but he didn't do that well for Lynn last time he was over. That said I would rather have 7 riders than r/r, if Richie isn't making a return this season.

24 minutes ago, simon.c said:

I see on Facebook that THJ is advertising himself to ride in the UK for the rest of the season, would he fit?

Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole!  Over rated!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Exactly!!

If he wants to get a high price for it, should have sold 10 years ago. Gonna keep dropping imo. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole!  Over rated!

He used to be flying in his younger days but even when he come over to Poole he wasn't really on it, last time I seen him he looked like he was carrying some beefcake!

26 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well they might want to work on their customer service skills. Might sound harsh considering they are 'learning the ropes' but half the time the fans have no clue what is going on at the club! Only get answers when Middlo answers questions at the press conference after! 

4 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If he wants to get a high price for it, should have sold 10 years ago. Gonna keep dropping imo. 

Totally he is fkd now imo who in their right mind is gonna buy it only a total spoon would buy it with the state of British Speedway

6 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

Totally he is fkd now imo who in their right mind is gonna buy it only a total spoon would buy it with the state of British Speedway

If he wants out he will half to just sell to the highest bidder, all this half in and half out stuff like the hockey cokey is a little annoying. Either stay and invest into the club again and that includes the track or pass it on if he has lost interest. 

Poole fans are worried about the future as it is when they are saying things like 'I'm going whilst the club is still running...'

Okay rant over!! Can you tell the situation winds me up! -_-

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

If he wants out he will half to just sell to the highest bidder, all this half in and half out stuff like the hockey cokey is a little annoying. Either stay and invest into the club again and that includes the track or pass it on if he has lost interest. 

Poole fans are worried about the future as it is when they are saying things like 'I'm going whilst the club is still running...'

Okay rant over!! Can you tell the situation winds me up! -_-

Well yes it would wind up anyone the longer he leaves it the more it decreases in value, but I can't for the life of me see what it's worth apart from the Poole Speedway name as I know and you probably do the asset list means Jack squat, so then you have the dirt on the track, fences and tractors I don't know if Poole Speedway own them or lease them, they don't own the stadium so I cannot see how you can put a value on it really apparently it's up for miles apart from anyone is prepared to have a dabble with.

30 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

He used to be flying in his younger days but even when he come over to Poole he wasn't really on it, last time I seen him he looked like he was carrying some beefcake!

THJ Looks fine in the photo in my previous post.......(He’s on the left next to the man in the blue shirt:t:)

Edited by scottyfan

1 minute ago, scottyfan said:

THJ Looks fine in the photo above....He’s on the left next to the man in the blue shirt:t:

I don't fancy men so I wouldn't call him fine, but like I said when I saw him last!