British Speedway Forum

On 9/14/2019 at 9:18 PM, Skidder1 said:

Yep if Poole get Ippo that'll be 2 successive Monday meetings against the same opposition and both on tv. Financial suicide!!

On 9/14/2019 at 9:24 PM, Skidder1 said:

It might be about getting to the final for the fans buts this year it's about not losing money!!

sorry if i misunderstood but i thought the two posts above did imply that poole would pick swindon,ipswich is "financial suicide"(on previous visits the worst crowds of the season) never going to pick wolves so that only left swindon

2 hours ago, poole keith said:

sorry if i misunderstood but i thought the two posts above did imply that poole would pick swindon,ipswich is "financial suicide"(on previous visits the worst crowds of the season) never going to pick wolves so that only left swindon

It was in the context of guaranteeing 2 bumper crowds for the local rivals Swindon and Poole, rather than risking either or both going out in the semis.  This added to comments by a number of senior sources at the other clubs.

Edited by Skidder1

i'm delighted we have chosen ipswich but in the back of my mind i am a little or actually more than a little worried about your prediction/concern re the "financial suicide" of picking ipswich lets all hope that any financial hit can be more than covered by a massive final turnout(im confident we will be in the final!!)

Makes sense for promotion and riders to go with Ipswich.  Should then get two bites of the cherry. 4 pay days for the riders, plus a decent crowd for the semi followed by a pack house for the Swindon/Wolves final

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, poole keith said:

i'm delighted we have chosen ipswich but in the back of my mind i am a little or actually more than a little worried about your prediction/concern re the "financial suicide" of picking ipswich lets all hope that any financial hit can be more than covered by a massive final turnout(im confident we will be in the final!!)

At the end of day you got to beat two teams to be champions so i reckon get your best gate at first opportunity jmo

55 minutes ago, semion said:

Makes sense for promotion and riders to go with Ipswich.  Should then get two bites of the cherry. 4 pay days for the riders, plus a decent crowd for the semi followed by a pack house for the Swindon/Wolves final

Swindon/Wolves Final?

46 minutes ago, ray c said:

At the end of day you got to beat two teams to be champions so i reckon get your best gate at first opportunity jmo

Let’s be fair Ippo are there as the cannon fodder in the semi’s.  If by some strange fate Ippo turn Poole over then Middlo will be able to make pancakes for a year with the amount of egg on his face.  That failure would be one of the biggest chokes in Poole’s history, and there is a fair amount of competition for that honour.

I had even contemplated the idea the Poole would mess up against their selected opposition

14 minutes ago, semion said:

Let’s be fair Ippo are there as the cannon fodder in the semi’s.  If by some strange fate Ippo turn Poole over then Middlo will be able to make pancakes for a year with the amount of egg on his face.  That failure would be one of the biggest chokes in Poole’s history, and there is a fair amount of competition for that honour.

I had even contemplated the idea the Poole would mess up against their selected opposition

I do think the score will be closer on Monday mind you i think we got more with problems with rain forecast most of the day

2 hours ago, semion said:

Poole v Swindon/Wolves final.  Come on Steve, sure you worked that out:rofl:

:wink:

On 9/20/2019 at 4:31 PM, semion said:

Really, everybodys there to be beaten.