British Speedway Forum

5 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Is that 'any of the flaky 2018 Premiership Champions seven' that you're talking about?

It’s all the flaky ones minus the one that really mattered, Chris Harris.  :)

1 minute ago, poolebolton said:

The 10.30 announcements is to do with the echo announcing the stuff pre written! 

Yes that makes sense so if I was a friend of Ned Payne I would already know the team!

• Like 1

Just now, DC2 said:

It’s all the flaky ones minus the one that really mattered, Chris Harris.  :)

We have already announced one that was flakey last season.

40 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

But for how long? Fricke should already be a gp star Jack may beat him to riding at that level.

They are virtually the same age, Holder is 6 days older and don't forget that but for an engine failure Fricke would probably have been in the GP's next year. They both have tremendous talent, Fricke is better at the moment but it would be difficult to say who may be the most successful in the long run.

7 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes that makes sense so if I was a friend of Ned Payne I would already know the team!

I’m not friends with Ned and I know the team. 

5 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

They are virtually the same age, Holder is 6 days older and don't forget that but for an engine failure Fricke would probably have been in the GP's next year. They both have tremendous talent, Fricke is better at the moment but it would be difficult to say who may be the most successful in the long run.

Hard to judge. 

Fricke was awful in Poland last year. Wroclaw not happy with him at all. 

While with Doyle, Jack propped up Toruń as NKI and Chris Holder were average . 

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We have already announced one that was flakey last season.

Yes. More to come.

3 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Yes. More to come.

What league titles, i'l second that...:party:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Hard to judge. 

Fricke was awful in Poland last year. Wroclaw not happy with him at all. 

While with Doyle, Jack propped up Toruń as NKI and Chris Holder were average . 

must have been really unhappy with max to re-sign him again this year :party::rolleyes::lol:

10 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

must have been really unhappy with max to re-sign him again this year :party::rolleyes::lol:

Well if you paid Rybnik £75K which is one of the biggest deals in speedway history you are going to give him a go aren’t you. 

30 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

I’m not friends with Ned and I know the team. 

I think we all know the team pretty much maybe some don't know one or two .

35 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

They may be the same age but not in experience of the top level.

15 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

They must have thought he can't be that bad again!

3 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Well if you paid Rybnik £75K which is one of the biggest deals in speedway history you are going to give him a go aren’t you. 

On top of that, those of us who follow POL Speedway have noticed over the last couple of years how these POL EXL owners and Nice 1 as well have been signing up a fair bit of this young Aussie talent that does not get reported much in our Speedway media news in UK. They are signed up young and then either go on loan to lower league teams for experience or if not get the chance to do practice with the big guys to gain some experience.

I think POL Speedway seems to have a decent scouting system in place both here and in Aussie reporting on the progress of these up and coming stars with probably similar in SWE/DK.

Would like to think that Fricke will come good together with Brady & Jack and let's not forget they are 22/23 not 32/33 so plenty of time to reach the very top. All 3 are already in the World's top league/teams so already achieved what most British riders can only dream of.

29 minutes ago, poolebolton said:

Not necessarily.