British Speedway Forum

32 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Thought I saw similar on the forum but no rider announcements.

In the past there has been a lot of high profile, but maybe this year played down in view of the not so positive situation on the Sponsor front ??

Wonder when our last 4 riders will be announced and if Matt will make any formal announcements on why (if rumours are to be believed) that those 2 exciting young riders Woryna & Jakobsen were not resigned. Seen plenty of comments on forum and twitter that Woryna is down to not enough money on offer compared to his big deal in Poland but Jakobsen ??

No doubt more will be said when team news appears. Hopefully before xmas if the 7 are already known which many seem to think they are.

I read somewhere that they want to announce the rest of the team before Christmas. But cos of AFCB, earliest now will prob be Tues.

Strange 1-7 and no Woryna who can improve on 6.30 but maybe it's not their choice. Two solid reserves in Covati and Allen and in Holder and Kurtz they have two that are moving up well. Klindt and Grajczoneck steady back up with Worrall possibly dropping to reserve mid season. 

Would expect a change or two mid season to keep them in play offs 

Seems that Poole wont have the best reserve pairing in the league after seeing Peterboroughs

Rasmus Jensens name been bandied about but a risk seeing as the only tracks he has seen are Ipswich and Peterborough i think but he flew at Foxhall all be it from number 7 but he is a fast gater which may help.

Surely Poole wont get rid of Woryna? We were told he was a future GP star this time last season and now he is not staying? Also strange that Jacobsen isnt wanted either did very well in his first season can only get better

7 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Seems that Poole wont have the best reserve pairing in the league after seeing Peterboroughs

Rasmus Jensens name been bandied about but a risk seeing as the only tracks he has seen are Ipswich and Peterborough i think but he flew at Foxhall all be it from number 7 but he is a fast gater which may help.

Surely Poole wont get rid of Woryna? We were told he was a future GP star this time last season and now he is not staying? Also strange that Jacobsen isnt wanted either did very well in his first season can only get better

Woryna too expensive. 
He was one of the highest earning riders in the world last year. 35K signing on bonus at Rybnik alone. 

Fred was a numbers game. Spoke to him recently and exactly the same as Harris. 

15 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

2nd reserve will be Rasmus Jensen if Matt can get a deal done. Woryna not riding in the UK next season.

Strange one that not really a big fan personally.

57 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Had a good year for Workington ,very much improved rider , I would have liked to seen him race for Panthers to be honest.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Suggest you look at the SGB website and Workington's results for October (open the individual match score sheets)

IF RJ starts the way his results read for Oct he could be a very clever signing on his 4.39 GSA (converted from his Champ GSA). Assuming it was RJ from reading the various comments on the forum. Looks like he improved as season went on and at just turned 25 maybe he could flourish. At reserve could be a decent option.

Another signing at 8pm tonight, so at least the Pirates fans can get an early night with this signing...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Where is Jensen based?

Rode for Workington last season and signed for Glasgow this season. That will be an extremes of distance if his two home clubs are Poole and Glasgow

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Suggest you look at the SGB website and Workington's results for October (open the individual match score sheets)

IF RJ starts the way his results read for Oct he could be a very clever signing on his 4.39 GSA (converted from his Champ GSA). Assuming it was RJ from reading the various comments on the forum. Looks like he improved as season went on and at just turned 25 maybe he could flourish. At reserve could be a decent option.

I think that is a massive if!  You have to ask why isn't his average higher if he is so good.He could be a good signing but the jury is still out in my opinion.. For me Peterborough have built a strength in depth side and their reserves look much stronger.

1 hour ago, BluPanther said:

Another signing at 8pm tonight, so at least the Pirates fans can get an early night with this signing...

Yippee!

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

Had a good year for Workington ,very much improved rider , I would have liked to seen him race for Panthers to be honest.

Fair enough. I hope he signs if he is that good.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Where is Jensen based?

Rode for Workington last season and signed for Glasgow this season. That will be an extremes of distance if his two home clubs are Poole and Glasgow

Lives in Denmark, flew in and back out for most of the Comets meetings last year. 

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Where is Jensen based?

Nicolai has been bending Matt's ear about Rasmus since the end of last season!!  Seems as though he might have got his way.

As for the Glasgow/Poole travelling, it didn't seem to worry a couple of the 2018 Premiership-winning team did it?!

• Like 2