British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

So, you are now saying that, when you posted the comment:

“Richie Worrall left Glasgow before signing for Poole or around a similar time.” that was not meant to be factual? So what was it meant to be? Deliberately false?

I have no allegiance to Poole but I have noticed that you have an apparently insatiable desire to knock anything the Poole team, the promotion and the supporters say and do?

Someone mentions the name of a potential signing and you immediately find a negative. 

I’m not having a go at you, I’ve no idea who you are, but I am concerned at your negativity. It cannot be good for your general well being finding pleasure in criticising others. 

Brilliant post!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Answered your own question there....oh and in case you were wondering i posted on the Ipswich thread earlier

Ive also posted on the Peterborough thread today and funnily enough not one of their fans had a moan.....just a Poole thing i guess very touchy

your very welcome to post on the poole thread very constructive compared to some people who only talk rubbish happy days :t:

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Thank you for a perfectly reasonable response to a fairly simple question and well answered.......perhaps you can teach some other Poole fans how to debate

Carry on posting sensible content Gav, as although its a forum on Poole, other fans with interesting and thought provoking comments make for interesting debate whether it be about Poole or anyone else.

Had it not been for your comment then I would not have replied with what I had read on the various media outlets and possible conclusion drawn maybe also with the Klindt possible connection and a sensible reason to have been bending Ford's ear about signing him. PLUS of course maybe he has been improving (his Oct results would certainly bear that out when you study them in more detail - he looked more like a heat leader than a reserve). Only time will tell us but seems maybe not a lot between him and Jake Allen on latter part of season form.

Out of joint interest, I wonder if Jakobsen has been loaned by Matt Ford to Ipswich for 2019 as Jakobsen said in  a POL interview over 1 week ago that he has commitments to race in UK in 2019. Would make sense if as one poster commented that he had spoken to Fred and Matt said he was a victim of the numbers game for 2019. Maybe also Woryna at Ipswich but think it needs deep pockets for him to come over this season. BUT you never know ?? Personally would like to see both racing for Ipswich in 2019. 1) Because Ips are now my most local track being 40 plus miles from Chelmsford,  and 2) Would give both more valuable UK racing experience with maybe a view to both returning to Poole in 2020 (That's if Poole are racing in 2020, as we all know there is doubt on that score at this present moment).

• Like 1

There is no doubt whatsoever about Poole not racing in 2020. Not sure where you have got that from.

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

There is no doubt whatsoever about Poole not racing in 2020. Not sure where you have got that from.

matt did say that in a interview on radio solent a few weeks back that if the business was not sold by the end of next season he would not be able to commit to past that date 

11 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Who's going to take it on if Matt decides to call it a day then Steve ?

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

matt did say that in a interview on radio solent a few weeks back that if the business was not sold by the end of next season he would not be able to commit to past that date 

It was those comments that led me to make similar comment in my post.

It's not for me to scaremonger BUT these are difficult times. For the first time I can remember Matt to my limited knowledge has NO Major team team sponsor as I post this on the forum. He has also lost probably at least 2 of his smaller sponsors(he mentioned this only a week ago I believe in the Echo where he mentioned 1/2 not renewing which normally means more than one). 

He has no offers on the table known of to purchase the club, but then maybe if he is so deeply entrenched into his new biz venture come end of next  season maybe he will near enough give it away or continue running the club if he still has a love for it. Also we were supposed to hear news in Nov re the new Co Promotors but its been no further news even on that front.

Additionally there was always plenty of positive promotion about Matt's Xmas party for the Clubs sponsors where it was also used to promote the release of team news. Even that has been fairly low profile.

It's a difficult one when you consider where we are in the sport, certainly in respect of the Prem. Chapman had to agree to purchase an addl 2 teams in order to keep a Prem League. Well at least on a possible buyback clause in each case. What would happen if Matt did decide to stop it if nobody want's to buy it and no team sponsor is forthcoming with a Golden Purse like in the days of Readypower. Would Chapman jump in to offer to buy yet another club at a discounted price ??

One has to question how in one of the most affluent parts of the UK down on the South Coast where millionaires live in Luxury in many parts. How nobody with deep pockets deems it fit enough to say come up with £75/125K as the major team sponsor for what is arguably the team with the highest profile in the sport in UK in the modern era. Perhaps that in itself tells you the state British Speedway is in.

4 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

It was those comments that led me to make similar comment in my post.

It's not for me to scaremonger BUT these are difficult times. For the first time I can remember Matt to my limited knowledge has NO Major team team sponsor as I post this on the forum. He has also lost probably at least 2 of his smaller sponsors(he mentioned this only a week ago I believe in the Echo where he mentioned 1/2 not renewing which normally means more than one). 

He has no offers on the table known of to purchase the club, but then maybe if he is so deeply entrenched into his new biz venture come end of next  season maybe he will near enough give it away or continue running the club if he still has a love for it. Also we were supposed to hear news in Nov re the new Co Promotors but its been no further news even on that front.

Additionally there was always plenty of positive promotion about Matt's Xmas party for the Clubs sponsors where it was also used to promote the release of team news. Even that has been fairly low profile.

It's a difficult one when you consider where we are in the sport, certainly in respect of the Prem. Chapman had to agree to purchase an addl 2 teams in order to keep a Prem League. Well at least on a possible buyback clause in each case. What would happen if Matt did decide to stop it if nobody want's to buy it and no team sponsor is forthcoming with a Golden Purse like in the days of Readypower. Would Chapman jump in to offer to buy yet another club at a discounted price ??

One has to question how in one of the most affluent parts of the UK down on the South Coast where millionaires live in Luxury in many parts. How nobody with deep pockets deems it fit enough to say come up with £75/125K as the major team sponsor for what is arguably the team with the highest profile in the sport in UK in the modern era. Perhaps that in itself tells you the state British Speedway is in

I did hear the interview

15 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Who's going to take it on if Matt decides to call it a day then Steve ?

My last post to Ray C covers.

Honestly Starman, I don't want to see Matt go and I have reservations as to if anyone want's to take on such a high profile club in the current economic climate.

You would think some of the richer business men living in the area would perhaps step up but they so far have not, even as main team sponsors so what chance of someone actually buying it.

I think the Readypower sponsorship was no cash but in exchange for the Peterborough assets.  I may be wrong but I am sure that’s what I was told. 

7 minutes ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

I think the Readypower sponsorship was no cash but in exchange for the Peterborough assets.  I may be wrong but I am sure that’s what I was told. 

I thought it was a six figure (amount undisclosed) amount involved when I read a long time ago now.

I could be wrong but was led to believe it was a pretty major deal. I thought the Volvo Poole deal was nowhere near as good but best available at the time.

I see that Matt Ford has said that he’s struggling to get a moan sponsor in & two other sponsors unable to help which is why Frederik Jacobsen wasn’t kept on. 

“”

“With Frederik, there were one of two other things that impacted on the club deciding not to use him this season and it shouldn’t come as a surprise to people when I mention the fact we are still searching for a new main sponsor was one of those things.

“One or two other club sponsors are also unable to help us in 2019 which, again, has impacted on some of my team-building decisions, but you have to work with the cards you are dealt.”

Edited by hyabb17

19 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen signs. 

On 5 or 4.39?