British Speedway Forum

I dont think its a bad team by any means, only behind Peterborough and Wolves in the teams announced so far. Lets face it, you would have to be extremely poor to not make the play offs, and then its just a lottery. 

9 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

How will Richie not even match his average when it is lower than what he finished on last season with the British reduction!! As everyone else has said Gavan, Richie was only reserve last part of the season. 

Its all about opinion

In the Poole team i think that Josh, Worrall and Klindt may not match their average or improve it.

I think Kurtz and NBJ and probably Covatti will improve theirs

I think Jack Holder is inbetween in my eyes

Its just when you get a (use designated word) like Starman telling me i cant form an opinion as i dont got to Poole

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If as expected Klindt is announced today why have we got NBJ when we could have got Jake Allen? Was he too expensive or was it just Ipswich got him first? Surely Ford doesn't think NBJ is better. 

Allen priced himself out of a team berth. Asked for too much money.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

If as expected Klindt is announced today why have we got NBJ when we could have got Jake Allen? Was he too expensive or was it just Ipswich got him first? Surely Ford doesn't think NBJ is better. 

I also thought we were going to use club assets looks like there are three riders there that are not ?

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

is that fact or are you guessing if that's the case I reckon poole speedway is not in a healthy state ?

Edited by ray c
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Its all about opinion In the Poole team i think that Josh, Worrall and Klindt may not match their average or improve it.
I think Kurtz and NBJ and probably Covatti will improve theirs

I think Jack Holder is in between in my eyes

Its just when you get a (use designated word) like Starman telling me i cant form an opinion as i dont got to Poole

Honestly Gav. When you don't allow yourself to get wound up you indeed post sensible and fairly informed opinion.

Some of my fellow form contributors may forget your thoughts from last season where some thought Poole would wipe the floor with the opposition with the named team, yet you warned of caution with some of the fairly untried riders like Woryna/Spaniak on UK tracks. Also the fact that Brady was not a proven number one.

Keep the opinions/posts coming mate as there is a lot of sense in your comments  about riders. Don't disagree on Josh & Klindt but would be surprised and disappointed if Richie doesnt improve his av IF he is likely to swing in and out of reserve where there may be some easier points available. His GSA does not lie. It is what it is, but for me the deciding factors in his favour will hopefully be 1) His new biz is now set up and apparently going well and 2) Going in and out of the reserve berth if one or both reserves improve their av.

On that final note for this festive period can I wish all you guys & Girls a Very Happy Christmas and happy Forum Posting for 2019 ;)

13 minutes ago, ray c said:

is that fact or are you guessing if that's the case I reckon poole speedway is not in a healthy state ?

Maybe we will never know.

I thought Allen would be nailed on based on the Somerset connection and Ford/May get on well (I think). Getting Holder back and Covatti led me to think Allen was the obvious step as UK based in Summer plus already had his Champ side sorted. Factor in he is an Aussie and many believe a possible emerging talent made it seem obvious.

You would have thought it was obvious, but Matt did indicate one rider was asking too much, but suppose we won't find out if it was Allen or one of the now signed team ???

We all know the finance is not great so MAYBE that was a factor in final decision. Matt is the master of positive PR so won't linger on riders we didn't sign, instead playing up the positives who have. Someone like NBJ could be a surprise when viewing some of his scores from last season incl those impressive guest appearances for Leicester at the season end. Having Howe looking after him in UK could also be a plus but only time will tell us that. 

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And the award for fabrication goes to........

He didnt want to much money but Ipswich got in first and he was happy with what was on offer and joined us

Not every rider dreams of riding for Poole and when they dont sign for Poole there isnt always an excuse as to why................riders do choose themselves.

It must be very worrying if Poole are being outbid on riders and not prepared to stump up the money......what happens if the team struggles you wont be able to afford to make changes

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Honestly Gav. When you don't allow yourself to get wound up you indeed post sensible and fairly informed opinion.

Some of my fellow form contributors may forget your thoughts from last season where some thought Poole would wipe the floor with the opposition with the named team, yet you warned of caution with some of the fairly untried riders like Woryna/Spaniak on UK tracks. Also the fact that Brady was not a proven number one.

Keep the opinions/posts coming mate as there is a lot of sense in your comments  about riders. Don't disagree on Josh & Klindt but would be surprised and disappointed if Richie doesnt improve his av IF he is likely to swing in and out of reserve where there may be some easier points available. His GSA does not lie. It is what it is, but for me the deciding factors in his favour will hopefully be 1) His new biz is now set up and apparently going well and 2) Going in and out of the reserve berth if one or both reserves improve their av.

On that final note for this festive period can I wish all you guys & Girls a Very Happy Christmas and happy Forum Posting for 2019 ;)

Thats how to have a debate .....shame that a couple of Poole fans have that inability

And yes i was accused of all sorts at the start of last season when i said the Poole side was risky.............not one apology when i was spot on.

Have a good xmas 

15 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And the award for fabrication goes to........

He didnt want to much money but Ipswich got in first and he was happy with what was on offer and joined us

Not every rider dreams of riding for Poole and when they dont sign for Poole there isnt always an excuse as to why................riders do choose themselves.

It must be very worrying if Poole are being outbid on riders and not prepared to stump up the money......what happens if the team struggles you wont be able to afford to make changes

I can confirm it was down to money and Allen wanted a little more than the club could pay at the time. Ipswich have offered him a good deal! From what I understand Poole, Ipswich and another club were talking to him but decided on Ipswich. Poole’s loss as think NBJ is a risk. But the books need to be balanced.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I can confirm it was down to money and Allen wanted a little more than the club could pay at the time. Ipswich have offered him a good deal! From what I understand Poole, Ipswich and another club were talking to him but decided on Ipswich. Poole’s loss as think NBJ is a risk. But books need to be balanced.

Are you now saying that Matt ford has had to join the real world in speedway terms :t:

Edited by ray c

Must be some issues at Poole with regards finance if they cant afford Jake Allen over a club like ours that isnt as commercially successful

As i said worrying if the team needs to be changed........maybe things will be done on the cheap like when Lahti and Kennett were brought in a couple of seasons ago

• Haha 1

Any mid-season team changes will be fine if required as Matt will have a much stronger revenue flow from season ticket income and the crowds attending early season meetings.

Aside from any financial issues lets not forget that the existing SGBP clubs also agreed to assist the newcomers - Ippo and Panthers - to build competitive teams by not snapping up all the best riders available!!

Of course if we get a load of early season rain-offs as in 2018 then the club could well be up s#!t creek?

Edited by Skidder1

8 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

Cant afford Lahti. Kennett maybe lining up for the Witches if Louis keeps on drawing blanks. 

Id possibly take Kennett as a second string always gone ok round Foxhall in the past

42 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Aside from any financial issues lets not forget that the existing SGBP clubs also agreed to assist the newcomers - Ippo and Panthers - to build competitive teams by not snapping up all the best riders available!!

What like 4 year Witch Covatti whom Matt called whilst still at the AGM to get him signed up before it was even released that Ipswich were moving up.... ;)