Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, ray c said:

I will answer you. the local paper called him a racist for his disgusting tweet in which it was. wont say anymore on the subject 

The paper didn't call him racist they put a quote in the paper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ray c said:

I will answer you. the local paper called him a racist for his disgusting tweet in which it was. wont say anymore on the subject 

No, they didn't say he was racist. Unless you can point out where they used that actual word? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No, they didn't say he was racist. Unless you can point out where they used that actual word? 

Opening paragraph.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/17328618.meridian-lifts-boss-in-migrants-drowning-row/?fbclid=IwAR1rtFI-He3RtetyhdmFmKDtLnY694oyP5wT7GaWqZ6GgnGYM7kLpmswLio

Sure, they are quoting an unnamed source, but by putting it in the opening paragraph they are clearly laying their cards on the table about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last 7 or 8 pages of this thread is utterly ridiculous.  Why the chuff do a number of you respond to anything the forums most famous troll posts?  He just sits in his bedroom creaming his pants over your responses!!  I bet he's got his hand in his trousers already after reading that :rofl:

The only positive thing out of all this is the fact he makes Starman appear a teensy weensy bit intelligent :D

Seriously though, this forums lack of moderation has been a joke for a very long time and is the reason many 'adult' posters (including myself) don't bother logging in very often.

Right....back to topic PLEASE.   I thank you :t:

 

 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

 

The only positive thing out of all this is the fact he makes Starman appear a teensy weensy bit intelligent :D

You can't say that - that is discriminating against Starmen!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

The last 7 or 8 pages of this thread is utterly ridiculous.  Why the chuff do a number of you respond to anything the forums most famous troll posts?  He just sits in his bedroom creaming his pants over your responses!!  I bet he's got his hand in his trousers already after reading that :rofl:

The only positive thing out of all this is the fact he makes Starman appear a teensy weensy bit intelligent :D

Seriously though, this forums lack of moderation has been a joke for a very long time and is the reason many 'adult' posters (including myself) don't bother logging in very often.

Right....back to topic PLEASE.   I thank you :t:

 

 

Forum police alert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dj350z said:

You can't say that - that is discriminating against Starmen!!!

Just tongue in cheek :party:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, ray c said:

I will answer you. the local paper called him a racist for his disgusting tweet in which it was. wont say anymore on the subject 

It wasn't racist.

The tweet wasn't a good one and suggesting let them drown was ill thought out at best, basically in poor taste.

 However, racist it was not. It's this constant playing of the race card that caused Brexit and Trump.. you'd think some folk would learn.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

The last 7 or 8 pages of this thread is utterly ridiculous.  Why the chuff do a number of you respond to anything the forums most famous troll posts?  He just sits in his bedroom creaming his pants over your responses!!  I bet he's got his hand in his trousers already after reading that :rofl:

The only positive thing out of all this is the fact he makes Starman appear a teensy weensy bit intelligent :D

Seriously though, this forums lack of moderation has been a joke for a very long time and is the reason many 'adult' posters (including myself) don't bother logging in very often.

Right....back to topic PLEASE.   I thank you :t:

 

 

Don't read them then watch Jeremy Kyle instead  are you adult really???? this post makes you look a proper tool take a deep,breath eh!!!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, chris4gillian said:

Seriously though, this forums lack of moderation has been a joke for a very long time and is the reason many 'adult' posters (including myself) don't bother logging in very often.

But you still log in.

You cant help yourself. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

It wasn't racist.

The tweet wasn't a good one and suggesting let them drown was ill thought out at best, basically in poor taste.

 However, racist it was not. It's this constant playing of the race card that caused Brexit and Trump.. you'd think some folk would learn.

 

The semantics argument about what constitutes a “race” is really tiresome. It’s quite clear that the adverse remarks were against refugee boat people - people from abroad, people fleeing their country, whether on grounds of persecution or in search of a better life - not Dorset residing castaways, and as such they were racist.

“Race” can be defined as a group of people who have some common identity, whether it be blacks and whites, Chinese, Muslim, Aryan or people fleeing the Middle East.

Semantics should not be a defence to inhumane views.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

The semantics argument about what constitutes a “race” is really tiresome. It’s quite clear that the adverse remarks were against refugee boat people - people from abroad, people fleeing their country, whether on grounds of persecution or in search of a better life - not Dorset residing castaways, and as such they were racist.

“Race” can be defined as a group of people who have some common identity, whether it be blacks and whites, Chinese, Muslim, Aryan or people fleeing the Middle East.

Semantics should not be a defence to inhumane views.

There is no semantic argument. His tweet was not racist. 

In very poor taste yes. Racist no. 

I have not made any defence of the wording used in his tweet. His stance as regards immigration is a different issue.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BWitcher said:

There is no semantic argument. His tweet was not racist. 

In very poor taste yes. Racist no. 

I have not made any defence of the wording used in his tweet. His stance as regards immigration is a different issue.

 

If it were 1938 Germany and he’d written “Let the dispossessed shopkeepers die in a concentration camp” you, no doubt, would have said that those words do not in themself, given that they do not specify a specific group of people, amount to a racist comment, but of course the context would have meant otherwise as we would know the target of the comment was Jews, just as it is now foreign refugees.

No doubt also, semantics will argue that Jews are not a race but a religious group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, DC2 said:

 

If it were 1938 Germany and he’d written “Let the dispossessed shopkeepers die in a concentration camp” you, no doubt, would have said that those words do not in themself, given that they do not specify a specific group of people, amount to a racist comment, but of course the context would have meant otherwise as we would know the target of the comment was Jews, just as it is now foreign refugees.

No doubt also, semantics will argue that Jews are not a race but a religious group.

The post wasn't racist. It doesn't matter how you try and twist it.

I understand, you are desperate to ensure racism stays alive and indeed increase and wish to promote it at every available opportunity.

I'm not, I abhor racism and want to see the back of it. 

Perhaps, like many, you have a financial investment in ensuring it stays alive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy