British Speedway Forum

On 1/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, poole keith said:

should have sold 2/3yrs ago

When there was something to sell that anyone would pay reasonable money for.

12 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

When there was something to sell that anyone would pay reasonable money for.

You are spot on. The stock of speedway in the past decade or so has plummeted to worthless. Investing in the sport of speedway is madness unless you get a thrill out of seeing your money burned. I don’t know if Matt Ford has had an offer for Poole but in this market and the way things are I can not imagine there’s been a que outside his office door. 

14 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

You are spot on. The stock of speedway in the past decade or so has plummeted to worthless. Investing in the sport of speedway is madness unless you get a thrill out of seeing your money burned. I don’t know if Matt Ford has had an offer for Poole but in this market and the way things are I can not imagine there’s been a que outside his office door. 

There certainly hasn't been a queue But now that he has family and friends (and a sponsor) as co-promoters it will allow him to pursue his new business abroad whilst still having the trust and confidence in the day-to-day running of the club.  As he's said he can and will fly back in for match days - similar to what many riders do. That arrangement will at least be in place for the next couple of years unless he does get a decent offer.

Any potential new owner or co-owner will still need to have at least one licensed co-promoter on board.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So it looks like Poole Stadium is to host one of the BSPA's 'shared' events eg a round of the British Youth Championshiups maybe?!

It depends how you read the press release on www.speedwaygb.co

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

So it looks like Poole Stadium is to host one of the BSPA's 'shared' events eg a round of the British Youth Championshiups maybe?!

It depends how you read the press release on www.speedwaygb.co

I thought that EVERY premiership club was hosting a round of the youth championship.....

• Like 3

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:17 PM, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

I thought that EVERY premiership club was hosting a round of the youth championship.....

yes I think your right I have read that as well not sure when that was released though agm I surpose

Edited by ray c

Every premiership club is to stage a gb youth round. First few dates already published on young lions site:

ROUND 1 @ Peterborough
Monday April 22, 2019

ROUND 2 @ Ipswich
Monday May 6, 2019

ROUND 3 @ Glasgow
Sunday June 15, 2019

ROUND 4 @ Belle Vue
Sunday June 22, 2019

Dates for additional rounds at KING'S LYNN, POOLE, SWINDON andWOLVERHAMPTON to follow in due course.

• Like 2

So good to see Darcy Ward getting wed to the lovely Lizzie on Friday.  Congratulations to them both.

So many speedway friends in attendance in Oz, including Middlo, the Holders and the Kurtzs, Leigh Adams plus Aussie Team Manager Mark Lemon and many more..

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It would seem your new team sponsor appeared on BBC watchdog in 2011 for being rogue traders. Obviously companies can change there ways. And they probably have. But I wonder if Ford would have been associated about if he knew. Or if he did they must have give Ford an offer he couldn't refuse  

If it was the case that they where indeed proved to be rogue traders, I guess it could be argued it was that it was  in the interests of home hygiene ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

58 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

It would seem your new team sponsor appeared on BBC watchdog in 2011 for being rogue traders. Obviously companies can change there ways. And they probably have. But I wonder if Ford would have been associated about if he knew. Or if he did they must have give Ford an offer he couldn't refuse  

Well well, who would have thought it...a rouge involved in speedway. Whatever next?

9 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

Well well, who would have thought it...a rouge involved in speedway. Whatever next?

Since 1928 I am sure that when would be promoters are interviewed by the powers that be, it is a prerequisite of their CV. Appearing on Rogue Traders is very much in the top league!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

That’s a huge accusation. It’s a different company so are you sure it’s the same people?

45 minutes ago, Wee Eck said:

That’s a huge accusation. It’s a different company so are you sure it’s the same people?

Looks a different company to me also.  Seems to be different people as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

A rouge would leave a lot of people red faced!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5