British Speedway Forum

26 minutes ago, ray c said:

Nobody talking about the ability of rider's we are referring to the professionalisation of our sport which doesn't always sends out  good vibes 

Good racing will  bring the fans back not kevlars  

Good racing, good promotion and a winning team will retain/attract more fans!!;)

ps. PoP I hope your financial link up with NK proves a fruitful one.:t: 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Good racing, good promotion and a winning team will retain/attract more fans!!;)

ps. PoP I hope your financial link up with NK proves a fruitful one.:t: 

Very much looking forward to working with Nicolai this year, very impressed so far. Will be worth the investment I’m sure. Paid for his Poole race suit ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Very much looking forward to working with Nicolai this year, very impressed so far. Will be worth the investment I’m sure. Paid for his Poole race suit ;)

Great to see. NK is awesome. 

What racesuits are we going with? 

1 hour ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

So they can have team suits if someone else pays ?

21 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Decent bloke, im sure he will look after you guys as you look after him .

On 14 February 2019 at 9:22 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

At least I am not an ostrich who thinks brexit is still a good idea.

How will Brexit affect your cart dealership?

• Confused 1

On 2/14/2019 at 11:07 PM, Pirates Of Poole said:

So no team suits for 2019 again! Bibs it is, poor if you ask me. Professional look out the widow, with new sponsors coming on board I would have thought the club wanted to be uniformed. 

Bar NO 1. Which other sponsors have joined for 2019??

14 hours ago, Midland Red said:

How will Brexit affect your cart dealership?

What on earth are you on about? I don’t sell “carts” and I don’t have a dealership.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

I think the racesuit has been a bit of a flop for the sport personally. It's embarrassing seeing clubs showing their team off and all the rider's look different anyway. Each rider gets theirs made by their preferred manufacturer so they never match up. Might aswell just use race bibs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I think the racesuit has been a bit of a flop for the sport personally. It's embarrassing seeing clubs showing their team off and all the rider's look different anyway. Each rider gets theirs made by their preferred manufacturer so they never match up. Might aswell just use race bibs.

All riders look different?There was only the odd one really,truth be known:nono:

ive never understood the need for all riders to have the same set of kevlars and team suits so i get why Poole dont do it.

I always remember as a young lad going to Rye House and Ipswich and buying the little riders toys and racing them on the kitchen table..........Cox in black and white checks....Naylor all black. Mullarkey in white and red..........Preben Eriksen all yellow......John Cook in grey........Siggy in white with the stars and stripes...........different leathers made it more fun for me back then and i still prefer it that way....dont like everyone decked out in the same stuff.......just my opinion

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

ive never understood the need for all riders to have the same set of kevlars and team suits so i get why Poole dont do it.

I always remember as a young lad going to Rye House and Ipswich and buying the little riders toys and racing them on the kitchen table..........Cox in black and white checks....Naylor all black. Mullarkey in white and red..........Preben Eriksen all yellow......John Cook in grey........Siggy in white with the stars and stripes...........different leathers made it more fun for me back then and i still prefer it that way....dont like everyone decked out in the same stuff.......just my opinion

I get where you are coming from Gav, because as a 16 year old I introduced myself to the sport at Hackney in early 1971 and they were all different. I think the difference was we were in a different era as all the riders were in different leathers in those day and for many years after. We didn't know any different. I also remember the days at Rye in the late seventies & eightees at Rye when it was as you say.

Maybe i have been swept along with how the sport has developed over the years with riders decked out in team kevlars which I personally like, whee its mainly all other teams doing similar. From a personal perspective, I just think it looks odd when a team who I started supporting later in life after so many of mine sunk into demise/closure, who had always been in team kevlars, suddenly look more like the odd team out compared to so many others incl in Champ let alone Elite League.

If it was like back in the day then we wouldn't know any different as most/all would look different anyway.

I suppose ultimately it comes down to personal preference and also what you get used to in today's Speedway World. Especially when you see how the sport is run in Poland.

But the important thing is survival of the sport and at least having teams racing most weeks even if some teams do revert back to just race bibs.