British Speedway Forum

11 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Honestly don’t mind discussing stuff like this. As long as it remains civil. 

Yes true. He was probably expecting a reaction about the Darcy comment. 

20 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes true. He was probably expecting a reaction about the Darcy comment. 

What has he said?

17 hours ago, ray c said:

gavan just stirring the pot a little just waiting for one of the usual suspects to bite :cheers:

Not stirring it at all....just no Poole fans seemed to comment on the Darcy story.....great rider....awful human being and his accident doesnt change that

Poole Bolton was commenting on Pooles riders performances and so i was asking if he was happy with Covatti only getting 7 in what was a weak individual meeting

For what its worth Poole look strong certainly better than the awful 1-7 they put together last season, and they shouldnt need to make a whole host of changes.

I think teams will be closer than some imagine

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Not stirring it at all....just no Poole fans seemed to comment on the Darcy story.....great rider....awful human being and his accident doesnt change that

Poole Bolton was commenting on Pooles riders performances and so i was asking if he was happy with Covatti only getting 7 in what was a weak individual meeting

For what its worth Poole look strong certainly better than the awful 1-7 they put together last season, and they shouldnt need to make a whole host of changes.

For me Gavan. Worrall is the Key. 

Josh G will bounce back. 

But worrall can do what he did last week and bang 15 points in or get 2 points. If he stays around the 6/7 mark then we will be in a good place. 

But im sure Covatti, NBJ will want to come up so expect some pressure immediately. 

Edited by poolebolton

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

I'd be more than happy if Covatti continues to score 7 points - from reserve.

As for the Darcy 'story' - anyone would think he's the only rider to ever have a go about Nicki Pedersen - 'awful rider....average human being'!!?!:D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Why would we comment on Darcy . I wouldn't worry too much about our team I think we will be fine.

Just read their is 16 opportunities to wear the 8 jacket signed for 16 home meetings and view from pits for 200 notes not a bad bit of promoting that inc's a guest as well as I read it

I see once again our club are not encouraging families to come to speedway in Poole with there charges for children only the under fives are free considering most clubs give good discounts for under sixteen year olds in fact most are free !!!!

Edited by ray c
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ray c said:

I see once again our club are not encouraging families to come to speedway in Poole with there charges for children only the under fives are free considering most clubs give good discounts for under sixteen year olds in fact most are free !!!!

Got to maximise gate money to afford these cough cough quality riders cough cough!!!!

Edited by ArthurRudge

6 hours ago, ray c said:

...and thats worked so well at the other clubs hasn't it?!

Matt Ford today confirmed that last season saw a substantial increase in the number of (paying?!) young fans!!

16 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

...and thats worked so well at the other clubs hasn't it?!

Matt Ford today confirmed that last season saw a substantial increase in the number of (paying?!) young fans!!

That's nice .don't alter the fact that other clubs let young people in for next to nothing does it 

14 hours ago, ray c said:

That's nice .don't alter the fact that other clubs let young people in for next to nothing does it 

No it doesn't but equally it doesn't alter the fact that letting people in free or next to nothing does nothing to build long term attendances or the financial bottom line.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No it doesn't but equally it doesn't alter the fact that letting people in free or next to nothing does nothing to build long term attendances or the financial bottom line.

I think we will leave it a that we are not going to agree