British Speedway Forum

56 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Really surprised there are still any tracks not selling tickets or admission by card. 

I wonder how many tracks still do cash only ?

34 minutes ago, ray c said:

I wonder how many tracks still do cash only ?

Too many I’d imagine. 

Not having a pop at Poole only, this is a general point where speedway needs to get with the times. 

13 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Too many I’d imagine. 

Not having a pop at Poole only, this is a general point where speedway needs to get with the times. 

If i mention on here im moaning .be interesting to know though

Weird one.

Poole is cash only ;)

One of the dearest in the league to bring a family with kids to.

The best supported.

The most successful.

Well sponsored.

Can't afford Kevlars or shale.. 

Is it a case of deep pockets and short arms :P??

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

How accepting cash only is so out of line with spending today.  I am 72 so supposedly an old fuddy duddy in many peeps eyes.  But very rarely do i spend cash.  I do usually carry about £20 in notes, plus couple one pound coins, one or two 50p's and couple of 20p's, but that is usually spent on car parking. More or less everything else is by card.  Very rarely write a cheque, couple a year.  Its so convenient just to pop the card on the card machine if under £30, sometimes I have problem remembering the pin when over £30, but thats because I have 2 cards to remember pins.  But if I had a family going to speedway I couldnt be put up with having £50 cash to pay.  It in itself will be a put off for the younger generations.  Why would any modern day sporting facility want to collect loads of cash.  Cash will slow down turnstiles, and certainly be a security risk.  It all has to be added up at the end of a meeting, and kept secure. I wont go into obvious reason why cash is king.  Do riders get paid cash, some will be earning over £1000 per meeting even in the UK.  Surely they don want that sort of money on them.  Not forward thinking by promotors if you ask me.  Terrible decision is cash only.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

How accepting cash only is so out of line with spending today.  I am 72 so supposedly an old fuddy duddy in many peeps eyes.  But very rarely do i spend cash.  I do usually carry about £20 in notes, plus couple one pound coins, one or two 50p's and couple of 20p's, but that is usually spent on car parking. More or less everything else is by card.  Very rarely write a cheque, couple a year.  Its so convenient just to pop the card on the card machine if under £30, sometimes I have problem remembering the pin when over £30, but thats because I have 2 cards to remember pins.  But if I had a family going to speedway I couldnt be put up with having £50 cash to pay.  It in itself will be a put off for the younger generations.  Why would any modern day sporting facility want to collect loads of cash.  Cash will slow down turnstiles, and certainly be a security risk.  It all has to be added up at the end of a meeting, and kept secure. I wont go into obvious reason why cash is king.  Do riders get paid cash, some will be earning over £1000 per meeting even in the UK.  Surely they don want that sort of money on them.  Not forward thinking by promotors if you ask me.  Terrible decision is cash only.

little tip use the same pin number on both cards . or though that may not suit you to do that :t:

• Like 1

Honest Mister Tax Inspector, only 1000 people came through the door so that is all the money I received said no business ever!!;)

Certain places ( Car Auctions for example) actually Have  a surcharge for paying by cash.

Speedway behind the times ?  Surely not

3 hours ago, ray c said:

little tip use the same pin number on both cards . or though that may not suit you to do that :t:

All the security protocols suggest a different pin number for each card!!

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

If I had a different pin or password for all the things I need access to I would need a memory not of a 72 year old but a 22 year old. :o

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Individual choice . don't matter so much with contactless payments anybody can use your card !!!

On 4/28/2019 at 8:59 AM, Chris116 said:

Rye House took cash And cards, look how well it worked for them! 

What a stupid comment how on earth is that relevant to their demise?

5 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

What a stupid comment how on earth is that relevant to their demise?

Because they didn’t take enough cash?  :)

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, ray c said:

Individual choice . don't matter so much with contactless payments anybody can use your card !!!

But card issuers will refund and losses against contactless fraud and see it as a trade of for swifter processing. Should fraud occur via PIN its a lot harder as there are questions asked regarding how your pin info was gathered in the first place.

• Like 1