British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Trackrat said:

Glad to see Chris Holder not qualifying for the GP, think we need to keep the standard of the competition at a high level.

He isn’t good enough anymore simple as that basically 

Must be a good 10-15 riders more worthy of a place then Chris now but he still has been there and done it and now time to move on 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

He isn’t good enough anymore simple as that basically 

Must be a good 10-15 riders more worthy of a place then Chris now but he still has been there and done it and now time to move on 

And something that can never be taken away. World Champion. But he is still good enough to cut it in this league.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:45 AM, foreverblue said:

According to the local paper we are having extensive work done during the home fixture break to improve the track.

at the track today "extensive"work not done this wk, arrival of road grader postponed for a few wks,track to my unqualified eye looks good but according to the guys the top surface is basically just dust,and matt been told this wk theyve nothing to work with

20 minutes ago, poole keith said:

at the track today "extensive"work not done this wk, arrival of road grader postponed for a few wks,track to my unqualified eye looks good but according to the guys the top surface is basically just dust,and matt been told this wk theyve nothing to work with

That just about sums it up 

3 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Monday 17th home to Wolves

Can't wait to watch that disaster :(

32 minutes ago, poole keith said:

I said after Dustgate, there isn't enough shale on it, hence why they didn't/couldn't water it :t:

Would of been way to slippery.

The track needs money spent, and plenty of work.

As I said you can't polish a turd ;).

Edited by Bald Bloke

17 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Can't wait to watch that disaster :(

To make it worse they're  sandwiched between trips to Belle Vue.:D

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

I said after Dustgate, there isn't enough shale on it, hence why they didn't/couldn't water it :t:

Would of been way to slippery.

The track needs money spent, and plenty of work.

As I said you can't polish a turd ;).

If Poole is losing money as article in SS says then might be why MF has not got the cash to spend on the track? Is the club still up for sale..? 

Guess if the track is that bad the riders will refuse to ride it,not rocket science.As for losing money, with i assume Poole being the best supported team being on the coast with lots of holidaymakers what does the books of all  the other premier teams look like.The promoters according to the echo article know it needs attention just wonder why it wasn't addressed pre season. 

Hi, I am thinking about going to a Poole meeting, the one against Peterborough at the beginning of August. Can someone give me any advice on which are the best (cheapest) hotels to stop in, maybe within walking distance? Where to park my car once I'm at the stadium, how much parking/tickets/programs are... Any advice for a first time visitor would be appreciated, thanks very much. Looking forward to seeing what Poole has to offer.

10 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

If Poole is losing money as article in SS says then might be why MF has not got the cash to spend on the track? Is the club still up for sale..? 

Made plenty of money in the past hasn't he? Spent all that I guess ....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trees said:

Made plenty of money in the past hasn't he? Spent all that I guess ....

Matt Ford is in denial over the track condition at Poole and has been for several years. He’s lost some good sponsors because they feared for rider safety and, refused an offer from another to buy the shale needed to rectify the problem. The problem goes back at least to the Chris Holder and Darcy Ward era when both would be openly critical of the track..

• Like 1

No point in getting new shale in until the work with the road grader is done!  The grader was 'postponed' because it wasn't available soon enough in the current gap between fixtures.

The next possible extended gap between home fixtures is next month from 5th to 17th July. 

I really can't see how Matt Ford can be in denial about the track condition when he and his son Danny have openly stated in the local press that it needs sorting and will be..