British Speedway Forum

38 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

No point in getting new shale in until the work with the road grader is done!  The grader was 'postponed' because it wasn't available soon enough in the current gap between fixtures.

The next possible extended gap between home fixtures is next month from 5th to 17th July. 

I really can't see how Matt Ford can be in denial about the track condition when he and his son Danny have openly stated in the local press that it needs sorting and will be..

As I stated in my earlier post, the Poole track has been a mess for years and as a result has cost the club sponsors. Matt Ford has been in denial and only now and after the Good Friday debacle and the 840 gate takings a couple of weeks later has he woken up and smelled the coffee. I will be the first to admit that it’s his business and he can do as he wishes but, it has cost him sponsors and some long time supporters. I for one no longer spend any money (other than admission) or, provide any services to UK based speedway..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

No point in getting new shale in until the work with the road grader is done!  The grader was 'postponed' because it wasn't available soon enough in the current gap between fixtures.

The next possible extended gap between home fixtures is next month from 5th to 17th July. 

I really can't see how Matt Ford can be in denial about the track condition when he and his son Danny have openly stated in the local press that it needs sorting and will be..

Ignoring the fact that the most appropriate gap of sufficient length was missed also - October til March.....:)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Ignoring the fact that the most appropriate gap of sufficient length was missed also - October til March.....:)

What year was that Taps :)

Edited by Bald Bloke

7 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

What year was that Taps :)

Take your pick! :P

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Get Guy Nicholls on the case - he will be able to supply one!

• Like 1

I just think the club as been poorly promoted in the last two or three years and i know some people will say i am just criticizing but tha the way i see it

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

I just think the club as been poorly promoted in the last two or three years and i know some people will say i am just criticizing but tha the way i see it

Yes I tend to agree, this issue with the track has been going on for too long, they talk like it is a recent thing. I don't like to criticise my club but I went to a gp qualifier about 6 years ago  at Poole, the track was very bumpy then and it isn't any better now, it isn't always dusty but it is always bumpy.

4 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

i know the new co promoters are having to quickly find their feet but it would have made sense to make sure the grader was actually available before announcing in the press that said grader would be in action during this fixture break

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

I suggest that the BSPA ,BT Sport Poole Speedway do us all a favour and switch the TV match to either of Kings Lynn v Ipswich or Swindon v Belle Vue.

Yes you may be right on that one

8 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Reasonable planning would dictate that you acquire the shale as soon as possible (and cover it over) so that it can be laid as soon as the grading has been completed. The next excuse will be that “we can’t get the right grade, type, consistency or mix of shale”.. Sorry to be boring but we’ve heard it all before.

• Thanks 1

I see its r/r Thursday for brady weather permitting of course 

10 minutes ago, ray c said:

I see its r/r Thursday for brady weather permitting of course 

Is that refusing to ride due to state of track!

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Is that refusing to ride due to state of track!

riding in Sweden I presume

Edited by ray c