British Speedway Forum

8 minutes ago, Gavan said:

So 10 years ago when the Poole track was good , wasnt the base uneven then? Or has the base become uneven over the years.

Fact remains the track is poor bordering on dangerous and hopefully this week it will be sorted

Poole thumped Belle Vue earlier in the season and i would expect and 18 point win in this one

You always think Poole will win easily so you can say we failed if we don't win by a wide margin. 

• Like 1

The new track surface could well catch the Pirates out on Thursday but we shall see.

In the meantime I'm sure the promotion will never tire from polishing all the trophies won over the past 10 years on a 'track bordering on dangerous'?!

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

We’ll soon see if the track problems have been sold on Thursday night.  

I doubt if the track will be SOLD by thursday, 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

You always think Poole will win easily so you can say we failed if we don't win by a wide margin. 

Nope never say that

I said Poole would get beat easily at Ipswich and I was right

I actually also said Poole would get beat easily at Belle Vue and I was badly wrong

I said you would win at Wolves by 4 and it was 2.

You thumped Belle Vue earlier on the season and they are bad travellers. Poole are in a bit of form trying to make top 4 and would expect a comfortable win in this. Let’s be fair every team should be looking to win at home 

2 hours ago, 89buttons said:

I mean in fairness they have down the years had difficulty with the temporary tracks rutting and holes appearing, but in recent seasons seem to have got producing a decent racetrack down to an art - but very different material used for the indoor tracks to that of one that lives outside exposed to the elements - the material they use for the temp indoor tracks wouldn’t work in the same way in a permanent outdoor setting.

i’m not excusing poole’s track it’s frankly been atrocious for years and years now and could easily have been made better, but don’t think the temporary indoor tracks are a good or fair comparison it’s quite different 

Racing on temporary tracks in the GP’s has got better, let’s face it it couldn’t get much worse. However in saying that I can count on 1 hand the amount of decent tracks they have prepared because they mostly still rut up (totally expected) and it’s the ruts that cause mistakes that sees another rider taking advantage. Take the opening round this year, Freddie had it all in the bag until he hit the rut on the 2nd bend that caught quite a few riders out. Until they can produce a track that rides like any decent track they will only offer up mediocre racing at best. Like I have said there have been the odd few that have been superb. But there appears no consistency of replicating that every time.

As for Poole, the base problem has been there for several years now and it’s been temporarily attempted to be fixed each time with the result the same every time - it usually returns to the same problem. 

Only a close season of relaying will sort this issue so this will be yet another wasted repair job. I hope I’m wrong. I’ve always rated Poole as one of the better racing tracks till about 8 years ago. 

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

So 10 years ago when the Poole track was good , wasnt the base uneven then? Or has the base become uneven over the years.

Fact remains the track is poor bordering on dangerous and hopefully this week it will be sorted

Poole thumped Belle Vue earlier in the season and i would expect and 18 point win in this one

The base has deteriorated over the years would be my guess Gavan. The work it has had in the past hasn't been good enough, otherwise the track would be ok now.

The base has to be right before you bung tonnes of shale on it and try and pack it down, otherwise the problems will re appear. Lets hope the jobs a good un this time, for the riders, fans and speedway in general.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I see he`s  back ! he didn`t stay away too long its been great without him !

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

The base has deteriorated over the years would be my guess Gavan. The work it has had in the past hasn't been good enough, otherwise the track would be ok now.

The base has to be right before you bung tonnes of shale on it and try and pack it down, otherwise the problems will re appear. Lets hope the jobs a good un this time, for the riders, fans and speedway in general.

Nothing wrong with the base.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

Racing on temporary tracks in the GP’s has got better, let’s face it it couldn’t get much worse. However in saying that I can count on 1 hand the amount of decent tracks they have prepared because they mostly still rut up (totally expected) and it’s the ruts that cause mistakes that sees another rider taking advantage. Take the opening round this year, Freddie had it all in the bag until he hit the rut on the 2nd bend that caught quite a few riders out. Until they can produce a track that rides like any decent track they will only offer up mediocre racing at best. Like I have said there have been the odd few that have been superb. But there appears no consistency of replicating that every time.

As for Poole, the base problem has been there for several years now and it’s been temporarily attempted to be fixed each time with the result the same every time - it usually returns to the same problem. 

Only a close season of relaying will sort this issue so this will be yet another wasted repair job. I hope I’m wrong. I’ve always rated Poole as one of the better racing tracks till about 8 years ago. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

That`s rubbish- the road blade was got in to sort out the base- what else would it do ??

The issue is the base that is obvious.

• Like 1

Have always been a BIG fan of Brady Kurtz from when he first arrived at Somerset in 2014.

Have to admit I expected some big things from him as I monitored his progress but I am concerned that he may well turn out to be another one of those Aussie riders who promised a lot but never pushed on to the level we anticipated.

Has been riding now in UK for 5 years and got his real big break in POL & SWE last season. For me he is going backwards not forwards and while yes he has had the odd injury, his form was questionable even before then.

He certainly has not pressed on in POL and if anything has got worse as evidenced again last weekend and was dropped after 2 rides. Not riding for Vetlanda tonight having scored zero last week. ( Dropped maybe ??)

He has been fortunate that riding for  the all conquering Leszno he didnt need high scores last season as their strong reserves helped them big time. Similar to this season where despite his poor 4 point av he is being carried by the rest of the team/reserves. In 31 rides he has scored only 1 win and 8 seconds and languishes at 47 in the POL EXL averages. If he carries on like this I can see both Vetlanda and Leszno dropping him come season end (if not before). Going to have a problem in Leszno anyway come season end as Smektala has to move up and only places as I see it he can replace are Brady or Hampel. On current form cant see Kurtz being favoured.

As for Uk I see no realistic signs of consistent form to show me when allied to his Continent form that he is moving forward after 5 years riding in Europe.

I like the guy and want to see his progress but how much longer will we be saying he will come good. Certainly not pushed on like Fricke and even Holder looks like he is overtaking him when you look at his form in SWE & POL.

Let's hope he can rediscover the form of 2 seasons ago where we  were all raving about him being the next big Aussie on the scene.

7 hours ago, ray c said:

.the only thing I know about the poole track there is a lot more shale been put on. it lets hope we got a few more racing lines for Thursday meeting 

Has There?

26 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Have always been a BIG fan of Brady Kurtz from when he first arrived at Somerset in 2014.

Have to admit I expected some big things from him as I monitored his progress but I am concerned that he may well turn out to be another one of those Aussie riders who promised a lot but never pushed on to the level we anticipated.

Has been riding now in UK for 5 years and got his real big break in POL & SWE last season. For me he is going backwards not forwards and while yes he has had the odd injury, his form was questionable even before then.

He certainly has not pressed on in POL and if anything has got worse as evidenced again last weekend and was dropped after 2 rides. Not riding for Vetlanda tonight having scored zero last week. ( Dropped maybe ??)

He has been fortunate that riding for  the all conquering Leszno he didnt need high scores last season as their strong reserves helped them big time. Similar to this season where despite his poor 4 point av he is being carried by the rest of the team/reserves. In 31 rides he has scored only 1 win and 8 seconds and languishes at 47 in the POL EXL averages. If he carries on like this I can see both Vetlanda and Leszno dropping him come season end (if not before). Going to have a problem in Leszno anyway come season end as Smektala has to move up and only places as I see it he can replace are Brady or Hampel. On current form cant see Kurtz being favoured.

As for Uk I see no realistic signs of consistent form to show me when allied to his Continent form that he is moving forward after 5 years riding in Europe.

I like the guy and want to see his progress but how much longer will we be saying he will come good. Certainly not pushed on like Fricke and even Holder looks like he is overtaking him when you look at his form in SWE & POL.

Let's hope he can rediscover the form of 2 seasons ago where we  were all raving about him being the next big Aussie on the scene.

When you go back a couple of years Kurtz was seen as the next big Aussie coming through

He hasnt kicked on and is very inconsistent......a solid enough heat leader in the UK but thats about it

When you look at how Fricke has progressed past him and basically left him quite a way behind both domestically but certainly internationally

Couple of years ago you could have said Brady might make the gp's but i cant see that now.................he should be at the level of Fricke and Lambert but he is some way off....

That said he is still young enough 

On 6/21/2019 at 6:37 PM, Starman2006 said:

Would have done the track the world of good.

You believe rain is the answer to Pooles track problems

The same track that apparantly has problems with issues with the tide....now needs more water

8 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The issue is the base. Cardiffs track is laid on a hard flat surface. The Wimborne road track has an uneven base so it doesn’t matter how much shale is pit on, it doesn’t solve this issue. 

We’ll soon see if the track problems have been sold on Thursday night.  

As much as your a blinkered troll im in agreement about the base being the problem.....its what causes holes and ruts to form

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

When you have an idea then come back and talk to the adults