British Speedway Forum

The track issues are twofold. One is the base in certain places (as confirmed by the management in both the Speedway Star and the Matchday programme notes) which hopefully the blade will have improved during the reduced access allowed by the Stadium owners.

The second is the shale (or lack of decent shale) which has become too 'thin' and therefore dusty.  New shale has been put on the track during the past week which hopefully will have had time to bed in with the combination of torrential rain and high temperatures between yesterday and Thursday.

It may well take away any home advantage during the early heats - unless there is any chance for the team to have practice beforehand?!
Gating (as ever) and getting their set-ups right will be crucial.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

No need to ‘stick to your place’. Middlo has already said the base is the problem, so has MF. Even Shovlar says that’s the problem.

The base IS the problem, it’s already been identified.

You are in a one man band saying it isn’t. No idea why you choose to disagree.

Oi i said it too!

29 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Oi i said it too!

You said the base isn’t the problem? 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

So what are you saying there been no shale put on the track then .if that's the case what happened to the shale which arrived at wimborne road last Wednesday morning .

Maybe Starman ran off with it saying 'we don't need it, nothing wrong with the track...' :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

The track issues are twofold. One is the base in certain places (as confirmed by the management in both the Speedway Star and the Matchday programme notes) which hopefully the blade will have improved during the reduced access allowed by the Stadium owners.

The second is the shale (or lack of decent shale) which has become too 'thin' and therefore dusty.  New shale has been put on the track during the past week which hopefully will have had time to bed in with the combination of torrential rain and high temperatures between yesterday and Thursday.

It may well take away any home advantage during the early heats - unless there is any chance for the team to have practice beforehand?!
Gating (as ever) and getting their set-ups right will be crucial.

What sort of company man are you Starry?

Sells The Star but doesn’t read it....:lol:

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

No i said the base is the problem.

I’ve only seen one person saying different then!

• Like 1

Oh bugger, Matt has spent thousands getting in a road grader, etc to level the base and it wasn't necessary!! Why didn't Starry tell Matt that beforehand?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Gavan said:

Your team manager has said the base is the problem

Your owner has said the base is the problem

Couple of ex riders have said the base is the problem

The people doing the remedial work on the track have brought in a huge blade.....as the base is the problem

All of Poole fans on here (some of whom i have no time for).....say the base is the problem

I guess i should listen to the fool who sells the speedway star over all of those should i........

Strange isn't it, he normally backs the management/MF etc to the hilt, yet on this issue they're all wrong, perhaps the star selling is a front and he's this engineering genius.:rofl:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, noggin said:

Strange isn't it, he normally backs the management/MF etc to the hilt, yet on this issue they're all wrong, perhaps the star selling is a front and he's this engineering genius.:rofl:

He normally defends the indefensible you mean!

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He normally defends the indefensible you mean!

Defends fullstop.

18 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

We should get Wells for NBJ now that Belle Vue have released him.

sooner see a younger rider myself than a rider on the way down  not impressed with wells last night 

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

We should get Wells for NBJ now that Belle Vue have released him.

Could be a decent guest reserve on Monday!!?  He would certainly be up for it - especially if there was the carrot of a team place being dangled?!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ray c said:

sooner see a younger rider myself than a rider on the way down  not impressed with wells last night 

He's the best that is available on NBJ's average