British Speedway Forum

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Although grateful for the effort Ricky Wells has put in for us, i hope everything goes well for Nico on Wednesday so he can return to the Pirates thursday, NBJ looked ok tonight too without catching the eye, hopefully we can have almost a full team again. Richie does need replacing but no idea who with. 

Don't really know why it's taking so long to replace him. Shouldn't take this long to replace an injured rider unless we have someone in mind and they can't fit it in with their schedule at the moment. R/r makes us weaker imo 

7 minutes ago, ray c said:

cant we fit ricky wells in ?

Yes but probably not sure if it's the right fit, he's done well but it would mean Nico going to second string and maybe we could do better. 

Edited by foreverblue
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Whoever Swindon are dropping? Although their averages are prob too high! 

Musielak down to replace Bellego on Thursday.

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Whoever Swindon are dropping? Although their averages are prob too high! 

Bellego and yes his average is too high for a straight swap with Richie.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Bellego and yes his average is too high for a straight swap with Richie.

What will it be come August 1st?

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

What will it be come August 1st?

Still too high I would think he hasn't had many bad meetings since he has been back at Swindon. Is Richie definitely out for the season?

Edited by foreverblue

14 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Still too high I would think he hasn't had many bad meetings since he has been back at Swindon. Is Richie definitely out for the season?

I would think so his ankle was broken in 3 places, and an existing plate bent from previous break, so had surgery to repair/replace old plate plus new injuries required metalwork as well, would think with all of that it’s at least 6-8 weeks not weight bearing let alone getting on a speedway bike but I guess you never know with speedway riders!!!

1 minute ago, 89buttons said:

I would think so his ankle was broken in 3 places, and an existing plate bent from previous break, so had surgery to repair/replace old plate plus new injuries required metalwork as well, would think with all of that it’s at least 6-8 weeks not weight bearing let alone getting on a speedway bike but I guess you never know with speedway riders!!!

Richie is listed in the British Final line-up on 29/7 on the SGB website!!;)

20 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Although grateful for the effort Ricky Wells has put in for us, i hope everything goes well for Nico on Wednesday so he can return to the Pirates thursday, NBJ looked ok tonight too without catching the eye, hopefully we can have almost a full team again. Richie does need replacing but no idea who with. 

Waiting for Wolves to ditch Nick I expect.

6 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Waiting for Wolves to ditch Nick I expect.

Possibly but he has been so bad he won't magically turn it around with a change of team.

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Possibly but he has been so bad he won't magically turn it around with a change of team.

He already has had a change of team and seems to only be going in one direction since last season.  Hope he can get back to where he should be (but not on Thursday at Blunsdon though)

• Like 1

On 7/14/2019 at 5:45 PM, ArthurRudge said:

What a bell, Newman has only ever been a reserve rider and always will be.

He's done pretty well for Poole in the playoffs, many a time.. :t: