British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, daz9100 said:

Matt has been at every home race so far this season. 

Well he's not gonna be there next week!!

11 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well he's not gonna be there next week!!

So what’s the deal with the main sponsor. No mention of them anywhere in the programme but, Nigel kept referring to the Poole Number 1 Carpet Cleaning Pirates!! Any comment MMX???

13 minutes ago, Aviator said:

So what’s the deal with the main sponsor. No mention of them anywhere in the programme but, Nigel kept referring to the Poole Number 1 Carpet Cleaning Pirates!! Any comment MMX???

apparently it was just playing safe in case of any contractual problems arising

From what I can gather, they have not paid their next instalment. 

Legal action could well be coming, so the club are obligated to continue treating them as Main sponsors so as not to be in breach of their contract should it go legal.

Sponsors r  leaving Poole .who can blame them. Last season for sure .

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Legal action could well be coming, so the club are obligated to continue treating them as Main sponsors so as not to be in breach of their contract should it go legal.

I still don't understand why their stuff had been taken off the Poole website though? 

Oh No! With the track seemingly sorted and close racing returning to Wimborne Rd, the value of the club should have soared to something over four figures. What's going on?

9 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The main thing is, we now have a good track back at Wimborne Road and, a really good team who can clearly ride it well. Some first class racing last night and long may it continue. The legal wizards can sort out the rubbish whilst we watch the racing, I just wish the promotion would be a little more open with those that pay their salaries..

Edited by Aviator

Things are going so well down on the South Coast now, it looks like Poole will 'Hoover up' another title...

Unless of course, something pulls the rug from under them..

I'll get me coat..

:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Things are going so well down on the South Coast now, it looks like Poole will 'Hoover up' another title...

Unless of course, something pulls the rug from under them..

I'll get me coat..

:rolleyes:

Looking at the crowds last night, I think Poole (as a club) can manage without the odd sponsor!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aviator said:

Looking at the crowds last night, I think Poole (as a club) can manage without the odd sponsor!

I think you would be surprised just how important EVERY sponsor is to balance the books...

Attendances alone at the vast majority of tracks simply don't cover the costs..

And good crowds sometimes only go to offset the poor ones (how much did Poole lose in the Ipswich match alone, was it over £20k that was quoted..)..

Hopefully all recouped last night, but it shows that getting weekly (guaranteed) sponsors money, means a constant income stream, which supports the club when the fanbase can fluctuate so wildly week on week..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Aviator said:

Aviator, you know it would be unprofessional for me to comment in a public forum, on an internal matter, as it is still in fluid state. All I can say is that I did as I was asked last night.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

I think you would be surprised just how important EVERY sponsor is to balance the books...

Attendances alone at the vast majority of tracks simply don't cover the costs..

And good crowds sometimes only go to offset the poor ones (how much did Poole lose in the Ipswich match alone, was it over £20k that was quoted..)..

Hopefully all recouped last night, but it shows that getting weekly (guaranteed) sponsors money, means a constant income stream, which supports the club when the fanbase can fluctuate so wildly week on week..

The emphasis was on the “odd” sponsor and not sponsors as a whole. I am fully aware of the part sponsors play in today’s speedway environment, I was one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMX Events said:

Aviator, you know it would be unprofessional for me to comment in a public forum, on an internal matter, as it is still in fluid state. All I can say is that I did as I was asked last night.

Glad you got the name right Nij!!!!:rolleyes:

Especially with the main team sponsors being there last night!! ;)

• Like 1