British Speedway Forum

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

The likes of Nilsson, Berntzon, Thorssell have also all represented their country in GPs and WTC since 2014 and Thorssell is current Swedish Champion. All are achieving better in Sweden these days so are comfortably ahead of him these days.

The Swedes haven’t produced anyone of suitable class on the big stage since Lindgren and Lindback, with only Ljung a possible candidate.

Sweden are in a worse state than GB for producing the next generation.

Agree, and incidentally Ljung is older than both Lindgren and Lindbäck, and hasn’t been as successful as an individual in gps etc.

When THJ came over here for Kings Lynn he couldn’t be bothered and was riding  a MDL riders bikes and just brought random engine over with him he didn’t even bring back protector and gloves.

This year i understand he his bringing complete bikes,toolkit and mechanic with him so should be better

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Josh is a loss at Foxhall goes well at ours.

Has THJ ever ridden Foxhall? I may be wrong

Cant see r/r for Josh getting more than 7 from those 4 unless either Covatti or Wells are flying

Well nico was flying when he guested for us, so it's possible

Not someone I would have signed but he will either be a hero (like Harris last year) or a dud (like T Lahti) but probably the best available around with the potential to be better than his average suggests.  We will see...

14 minutes ago, flagrag said:

When THJ came over here for Kings Lynn he couldn’t be bothered and was riding  a MDL riders bikes and just brought random engine over with him he didn’t even bring back protector and gloves.

This year i understand he his bringing complete bikes,toolkit and mechanic with him so should be better

Didn't he have more hair too? 

Related image

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Weasel said:

Tell you what would lower the wage bill.....if the Poole 'Penny Pinching' Pirates had put up more of a fight at the new Abbey. :drink:

Bet the wage bill was high last night 

12 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Not someone I would have signed but he will either be a hero (like Harris last year) or a dud (like T Lahti) but probably the best available around with the potential to be better than his average suggests.  We will see...

Glad your not a promoter then  ;):rofl:

26 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Spot on i would suggest

I was hopeful Josh would be fit for Thursday as im sure THJ wont get as much as r/r for Worall would have done at Foxhall

13 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Glad your not a promoter then  ;):rofl:

Very strange response

33 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Bet the wage bill was high last night 

That score would have been the very last thing the Swindon promotion wanted or needed. A crippler for them.

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

Agree, and incidentally Ljung is older than both Lindgren and Lindbäck, and hasn’t been as successful as an individual in gps etc.

Yes true, Ljung seems to be able to pull out decent races at World level without ever really looking like a world class rider. And yes fair point he around before both named Swedes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

lahti ok for us when he came in. in a difficult season 

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

That score would have been the very last thing the Swindon promotion wanted or needed. A crippler for them.

All we need is a bit of the Poole supporting mentality, you know, when the 4k Play Off supporting 'Santas' turn up for their annual visit for the Home Leg of the PO Final.

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

The likes of Nilsson, Berntzon, Thorssell have also all represented their country in GPs and WTC since 2014 and Thorssell is current Swedish Champion. All are achieving better in Sweden these days so are comfortably ahead of him these days.

The Swedes haven’t produced anyone of suitable class on the big stage since Lindgren and Lindback, with only Ljung a possible candidate.

Sweden are in a worse state than GB for producing the next generation.

Ljung is 3 years older than Lindgren & Lindback! :rofl:

Nilsson & Berntzon represented Sweden in the Speedway World Cup of 2014 when they failed to make the final.  Hardly a CV enhancing performance that.  I can't think that Thorsell has represented Sweden at any Speedway World Cup.

I'm certain if you look back at Elitserien & Ekstraliga stats for Jonasson he compares well to Thorsell, Berntzon & Nilsson over the course of his career.

9 minutes ago, Col said:

Ljung is 3 years older than Lindgren & Lindback! :rofl:

Nilsson & Berntzon represented Sweden in the Speedway World Cup of 2014 when they failed to make the final.  Hardly a CV enhancing performance that.  I can't think that Thorsell has represented Sweden at any Speedway World Cup.

I'm certain if you look back at Elitserien & Ekstraliga stats for Jonasson he compares well to Thorsell, Berntzon & Nilsson over the course of his career.

Already stated that Ljung is older. :rolleyes:

We aren’t ‘looking over his career’ we are looking at what he has to offer now. 

I think we can all agree that Sweden haven’t produced any World class riders since Freddie and Antonio, which I think was the point we were discussing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Weasel said:

All we need is a bit of the Poole supporting mentality, you know, when the 4k Play Off supporting 'Santas' turn up for their annual visit for the Home Leg of the PO Final.

Happens at every track! Rosco was complaining about Swindon's crowd level a couple of weeks ago!