British Speedway Forum

4 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It makes a change to go into the playoffs rated 3rd out of the 4 teams. I think the only way we can make the final is to finish top. If we meet Swindon or Wolves in the semi final our season is likely to end there. We can’t compete with Wolves strength at reserve. Both ride like heat leaders around Wimborne Road. They would probably win both legs. 

All the hype is for Douglas after his amazing meeting at Peterborough but at Poole Becker is as good or better, i think Wolves will win overall and i agree the only way we will make the final is to top the table so here's praying for a Kings Lynn win tomorrow 

5 hours ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

I think we will do ok! It’s going to be tough, Swindon & Wolves are coming into great form at the right time, but if we all click on the night anything is possible.

This year has been interesting, with Matt’s interests elsewhere and Danny’s maiden year I think he has taken his eye off the ball when it comes to riders available. 

I know for a fact that our riders have approached Matt with recommendations for possible replacements for Ritchie.

Some we’re blocked because of Poland and others not considered. 

Wells isn’t a rider Poole would normally go for, money comes into play I know but don’t think THJ comes cheap even though he was riding at Berwick too!! For me he was a risk and at present a risk that isn’t paying off, he simply isn’t the rider he was.

I think we have been spoilt over the years with riders, and when the eye is taken off the prize at times it shows up much more! 

Wells is not a rider we would normally go for but could still work if he returned to the form of when he guested for us and had a good score for Peterborough as a guest too if memory serves. THJ is a strange option and would personally have looked at a rider in the championship who was closer to Worrall's average so we retained Covatti at reserve. When Wells was brought in i would have kept NBJ and had Wells as a temporary replacement for Worrall, at least then we could have seen how it went and had options.I would like to think we could help THJ with better equipment but it's probably not just equipment. Mistakes have been made but we can't win every year but we can make the final if we top the league. 

6 hours ago, foreverblue said:

I can't see us winning even if Wells and THJ both replaced by guests, might be closer but Wolves have by miles the best reserves and both going frighteningly well at the moment and that is why they will win the title. That is why we need to come top. 

I would never write Poole off.. Anything can happen yet, and probably will ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

All the hype is for Douglas after his amazing meeting at Peterborough but at Poole Becker is as good or better, i think Wolves will win overall and i agree the only way we will make the final is to top the table so here's praying for a Kings Lynn win tomorrow 

Maybe Swindon will just pip us ...

19 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Because if he scores badly he won't be in the play offs. Simple as that really. 

Says who? 

19 hours ago, thecoombdog said:

Skidder what do you not understand. If Wells bags a few on Monday then no need to replace him. But if he has another mare then he will be injured for the play offs. It's really not that hard to grasp. 

Your opinion isn't fact. Grasp that!! 

4 hours ago, Gavan said:

Lets get this straight

Shovlar came on here and told anyone who wanted to listen that Wells will stand down

You roped in better riders (horses for courses) away at Lynn that was abandoned and then home to Lynn

Forget about this Monday..........if Wells doesnt ride in the play off matches then its blatant cheating

But he is riding, so you can stop your petty accusations. Just making yourself look stupid now. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

It makes a change to go into the playoffs rated 3rd out of the 4 teams. I think the only way we can make the final is to finish top. If we meet Swindon or Wolves in the semi final our season is likely to end there. We can’t compete with Wolves strength at reserve. Both ride like heat leaders around Wimborne Road. They would probably win both legs. 

Yet have won at Wolves this season. Evenly balanced if that’s the draw.

57 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I would never write Poole off.. Anything can happen yet, and probably will ;)

Poole are THE most dangerous team when it comes to the Play Offs. Can’t believe any team would choose them if they had the choice.

Think Ipswich will surprise Poole tomorrow ,have a real number 1 and a team that are all on song ,roll on Monday nite wil be close

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

But he is riding, so you can stop your petty accusations. Just making yourself look stupid now. 

Is He riding in the play offs?

22 hours ago, Gavan said:

Lets get this straight

Shovlar came on here and told anyone who wanted to listen that Wells will stand down

You roped in better riders (horses for courses) away at Lynn that was abandoned and then home to Lynn

Forget about this Monday..........if Wells doesnt ride in the play off matches then its blatant cheating

Ive highlighted in bold just because im not sure you can see properly

17 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If you read what i said again then i would suggest its you making yourself look stupid at the moment..............unless you know 100% that Wells will do the play offs

Unless he gets injured in the remaining league meeting(s) then Ricky will be in for the play-offs according to Danny Ford in the local paper today.

I'm sure everyone will give their opinion after watching on TV. Those that are attending will give their views too.

Edited by Skidder1

1 hour ago, Baldyman said:

If Wells starts badly tonight,, he could easily slip off in one of his other races and knock that shoulder 

Presumably his last ride  :D