British Speedway Forum

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

It is true. When he has signed for Poole in the past he hasn't brought his own equipment over straight away like other riders. Same when he signed for Lynn first few weeks there he didn't have his own equipment. 

In 2013 his equipment and mechanic were here and ready to go for his first meeting. It might be of interest to note that many other riders insist on using Poole owned PJR prepared engines. I won’t list them, it’s too long but one of the engine serial numbers is PJR 1328..

Edited by Aviator
Clarification

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Trouble with THJ is he never brings his own equipment over, so it was whatever the club can provide for him. 

Lisa, the point I’m making is that you stated “trouble with THJ is he never brings his own equipment over”. That is absolutely not true as in 2013 he did. Sorry to be pedantic!!!

• Like 1

Nicolai Klindt, Brady Kurtz and Kacper Woryna returning whatever way the leagues go

1 minute ago, INCOGNITO said:

Nicolai Klindt, Brady Kurtz and Kacper Woryna returning whatever way the leagues go

Really? Think your slightly wrong on the that front. Will come down to costs etc so expect a few surprises soon once the AGM is done and dusted.

1 minute ago, Pirates Of Poole said:

Really? Think your slightly wrong on the that front. Will come down to costs etc so expect a few surprises soon once the AGM is done and dusted.

Even if it's one league at Championship level these three would be heat leaders and still room for a number of up and coming new faces coming in and maybe a few returning riders from the past like Shanes

50 minutes ago, INCOGNITO said:

Even if it's one league at Championship level these three would be heat leaders and still room for a number of up and coming new faces coming in and maybe a few returning riders from the past like Shanes

The Poole promoter doesn’t like British riders, except of course when the Aussie ones let him down and he needs helping out of the “Duang”.

Edited by Aviator
Spelling error

The Poole promoter doesn’t like British riders, except of course when the Aussie ones let him down and he needs helping out of the “Duang”.

Very true... but that's assuming MF is still actively promoting, or if he is indeed going to distance himself (with his overseas venture)...maybe his new Co-promoter will be more  "hands on"?

4 hours ago, Aviator said:

We had 2 last season, 3 if you count James. Perhaps you need to look at the team.

25 minutes ago, Fixer2 said:

Very true... but that's assuming MF is still actively promoting, or if he is indeed going to distance himself (with his overseas venture)...maybe his new Co-promoter will be more  "hands on"?

Assuming there is a new Co-promoter as the anticipated news of a new one has still not been announced yet. Although maybe on hold pending AGM outcome ?? I also wonder how things  are going for a new Club Sponsor as Volvo Poole ended their 2 year deal.

Also does anyone know what this reported new Biz venture Matt eluded to ?? Have seen nothing on Social media sites or the BSF from anyone commenting on what it is. All I saw was a release from Middlo in which he said Matt could still retain the Promoter roll from abroad while doing the new venture, and could if required fly in for meetings like riders do as he won't be so far away ??. That indicated to me maybe based in Europe ?? and doing what I wonder ??

5 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Assuming there is a new Co-promoter as the anticipated news of a new one has still not been announced yet. Although maybe on hold pending AGM outcome ?? I also wonder how things  are going for a new Club Sponsor as Volvo Poole ended their 2 year deal.

Also does anyone know what this reported new Biz venture Matt eluded to ?? Have seen nothing on Social media sites or the BSF from anyone commenting on what it is. All I saw was a release from Middlo in which he said Matt could still retain the Promoter roll from abroad while doing the new venture, and could if required fly in for meetings like riders do as he won't be so far away ??. That indicated to me maybe based in Europe ?? and doing what I wonder ??

I thought it was America. But not sure where I got that from! 

20 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I thought it was America. But not sure where I got that from! 

So did I, but it could have been the way the original press release was put out. It was Middlo's comment (just my luck can't find the article) that made me think it was probably Europe and if so what kind of new Biz Venture.

None of our business what Matt going to do is it ? And to be honest I don't really care :t:

Edited by ray c

agree ray,big thank you to matt, but my interest now is in the new promoter and the future for poole speedway,not at all what matt ford does next, wish him well but not interested

On 10/28/2018 at 12:54 PM, Starman2006 said:

Why was it farcical , because you wasnt in it ? If your talking about the guest situation then you cannot lay the blame at said clubs promotions door, you lay it at the powers that be's door. Now this is the Poole 2019 thread so let us talk about that.

Grow up ...

I'm concerned about the very  future of British speedway , nothing to do with Belle Vue or Poole 

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

We had 2 last season, 3 if you count James. Perhaps you need to look at the team.

Don’t get too precious about it Starman. James went through the revolving door far too quickly and was only selected because his average was convenient at the beginning of the season. The promoter only signed Bomber when Noddy finally got his act together and told the truth about his work permit!!! Was Harris his first choice, no. Was Holder his first choice, yes. Would Shane’s have been his first choice if there had been a young Aussie on the same average as Shanes, no.. Get my drift, hope so. If not, I’ll make it easy for you, the Poole promoter will always go with a foreign (preferably Aussie) rider before a Brit.

• Like 3