Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

Kurtz and Morris both struggled from being an out and out number one. If Morris goes back to Swindon the pressure is taken off by Doyle being there and Morris could thrive 

Poole need to bring in a big hitter so that Kurtz hasn’t got that pressure again. I think Jack Holder may well go there but again he isn’t that big hitter yet... he benefited from Doyle last year. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gavan said:

Kurtz and Morris both struggled from being an out and out number one. If Morris goes back to Swindon the pressure is taken off by Doyle being there and Morris could thrive 

Poole need to bring in a big hitter so that Kurtz hasn’t got that pressure again. I think Jack Holder may well go there but again he isn’t that big hitter yet... he benefited from Doyle last year. 

Problem is who is out there and available without costing a fortune (that's even if they wanted to come over).

Ford already eluded to the lack of finance and as at earlier this week no main team sponsor in place. Factor in the next to nothing TV money and the fact he openly said the big stars would be too expensive. Leaves him little room to move.

The other problem is that with the team having to shed 2.64 from 2018 finishing, the higher the number one, it leaves even less to play with further down meaning they could suffer fitting the likes of Wory/Kurtz/Jak/Klindt/Graz etc.

I would not be surprised if he goes more for a young, strength in depth team bringing back Jack Holder on the basis nothing is won early doors and if they can keep within the top 4 area then the likes of Holder/Kurtz/Wory/Jakobsen will hopefully show more of their real potential in the second half of the season where it really matters.

That's just my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BLACKHEART said:

Fredrik Jakobsen may have to be released as well. Klindt, Grajczonek & Kurtz are the ones most likely to stay.

Why? There’s no value in JG on 6.70; he proved last year he was only alright when riding at two with an ineffective number one. That’s too many points to waste on that position. Jakobsen at reserve, if available, is a must after his efforts last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

Nick Morris a must signing for us. Matt needs to work his magic. 

Don't think he is a must signing at all, too inconstant, a rider of his ability shouldn't be getting so many last places. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gavan said:

 If Morris goes back to Swindon the pressure is taken off by Doyle being there and Morris could thrive 

Morris confirmed not back at Swindon. Won’t be a number one at any club next year tho anyway.

2 hours ago, BLACKHEART said:

I would take Piotr Pawlicki if he is interested in a UK return that's if Wolves do sign Morra.

Be a great signing whoever he signs for, just hope he is back with Wolves tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BLACKHEART said:

6.60 average. Best second string available and if we cant find a No.1 then best to go strength in depth and get Morris at No.2 or No.4.

I know he has a low average but it is low for a reason, not convinced he will improve on it either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what Matt Ford said in the Echo, it will be interesting to see how far he is willing to stretch the budget for riders this season. Not only will it affect the Pirates but every body else unless they want to lose money. If Matt is saying money is in short supply, then it will be for all the other clubs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Don't think he is a must signing at all, too inconstant, a rider of his ability shouldn't be getting so many last places. 

I would of thought every Prem club would have him on that average. He's still young, just had a bad one. If he don't up that 6.60 ave, i'll be very shocked.

Morris  Ave  6.60 ........ 9 lasts

Klindt  ave 6.61 ……. 20 lasts 

Josh  ave 6.70 …….. 13 lasts

Not sure if Klindt or Josh will up theirs. Both slightly over Nick's ave.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I would of thought every Prem club would have him on that average. He's still young, just had a bad one. If he don't up that 6.60 ave, i'll be very shocked.

Morris 9 lasts

Klindt 20 lasts

Josh 13 lasts

Not sure if Klindt or Josh will up theirs. Both slightly over Nick's ave.

Good research well done. Surprised it isn't more last from Morris but he falls off a lot on his own quite often too . Never liked him personally , hr does ride Monmore very well though so he would be a good fit for them, don't want him at Poole though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Good research well done. Surprised it isn't more last from Morris but he falls off a lot on his own quite often too . Never liked him personally , hr does ride Monmore very well though so he would be a good fit for them, don't want him at Poole though.

I'd would have welcomed him at Lynn. But it's all about opinions :t:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I'd would have welcomed him at Lynn. But it's all about opinions :t:

Plus we have so many assets why not use them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy