British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt said last night at the fans quiz night that his preferred 1-7 was in place, but still awaiting the return of all contracts. There is one rider who is being a little unrealistic with his financial demands, so reading between the lines there could still be a change of mind.

Matt confirmed that Covatti on 4.70 would be the 'senior' reserve. 

No price increases for admission in 2019 - season tickets available very soon before Christmas.

2 new co-promoters (not owners) to be confirmed soon. They will take responsibility for the day to day admin in 2019. Matt will fly in for home meetings.

He also mentioned that Chris Holder is currently staying with him before flying back to Australia for their summer as he has sold his UK house.

PS. The 'chat' amongst fans, sponsors, mechanics and some former riders last night was that neither Kacper Woryna nor James Shanes are in the frame for a 2019 team place at Poole!

Some thoughts on this.

Covatti - Senior reserve means he could go Shanes (or not reading above) - Maybe a young Australian like Stewart or Pickering or another Young Aussie (well 23) Allen who would all be on lower than Covatti so it's a little ambiguous. Could be another young foreigner below in the 4/4.5 range. Or even a left field signing like Todd Kurtz who wouldnt be expensive living with Brady in one of Middlo's accomodation's.

Ref Chris Holder. One again not so clear. Doesn't actually say he won't be racing UK which would have put closure on it. Doesn't Chris have to go back to Aussie anyway to race in Aussie Champs if he wants to qualify for the GP play offs again as no chance he will IMO get a Wild Card again. If Jack is racing UK he could still get a joint house/flat share rental arrangement. We know he had his UK House sold stc but still doesn't clarify his situation as to racing.

Maybe Woryna is the rider with unrealistic demands ?? - Could also be Jack who is now an up and coming POL EXL rider. We all know Woryna gets paid plenty as he is the star of Rybnik. Not proved himself enough yet if it is him to warrant super star money in our Prem. Same applies if it was Jack. Hope it's not Brady who probably benefits from cheap lodgings from Middlo and also has Todd benefitting from sharing with him.

I'm ok with Covatti but still more questions than answers on  rest of the team.

39 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Surely Shovlar will stump up the £35k from his fine arts garage? He thinks Woryna is the next big thing, a World Champion in waiting.  :)

Not done enough in Prem for me yet to warrant anything special. He needs to show his POL form consistently to prove he worth more money. Even then these guys would be deluded to think UK can pay big bucks.

30 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Not done enough in Prem for me yet to warrant anything special. He needs to show his POL form consistently to prove he worth more money. Even then these guys would be deluded to think UK can pay big bucks.

far to inconsistent to warrant big money shame james probably not at poole next season Swindon might be his destiny might get better looked after there 

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

Surely Shovlar will stump up the £35k from his fine arts garage? He thinks Woryna is the next big thing, a World Champion in waiting.  :)

Woryna upped his average a fair bit in 2018. More than likely done his job in 2018 on a bargain average. I doubt he will be back now his average is over 6.

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

So i thought go onto the Poole online shop might be some bits to buy for Christmas or some presents well what a fkn joke that is so Champions and you have a crap store with nothing in stock at this time of year absolutely pi33 poor. Disgusting! 

20 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

So i thought go onto the Poole online shop might be some bits to buy for Christmas or some presents well what a fkn joke that is so Champions and you have a crap store with nothing in stock at this time of year absolutely pi33 poor. Disgusting! 

I’ve just had a look at http://www.poolepirates.co/store.html

There’s loads there although, not surprisingly, some sizes are out of stock. As there’s no pop up shop - maybe Matt’s too busy with his new business - then it’s unlikely they’d have reordered in the hope of an occasional buyer. 

What’s available from other teams?

3 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt said last night at the fans quiz night that his preferred 1-7 was in place, but still awaiting the return of all contracts. There is one rider who is being a little unrealistic with his financial demands, so reading between the lines there could still be a change of mind.

Matt confirmed that Covatti on 4.70 would be the 'senior' reserve. 

No price increases for admission in 2019 - season tickets available very soon before Christmas.

2 new co-promoters (not owners) to be confirmed soon. They will take responsibility for the day to day admin in 2019. Matt will fly in for home meetings.

He also mentioned that Chris Holder is currently staying with him before flying back to Australia for their summer as he has sold his UK house.

PS. The 'chat' amongst fans, sponsors, mechanics and some former riders last night was that neither Kacper Woryna nor James Shanes are in the frame for a 2019 team place at Poole!

Didn't say anything about 2020 which was put on Radio Solent this morning apparently??

5 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Didn't say anything about 2020 which was put on Radio Solent this morning apparently??

According to what Matt said this morning there won't be 2020 if he can't sell it unless I miss heard what he said ?

49 minutes ago, ArthurRudge said:

And when you stop slagging our club off perhaps you should tell us all who you "alledgedly" support. Because it just strikes me you are just a sad jealous mouth piece.

On 12/3/2018 at 3:22 PM, Gavan said:

Been plenty of talk about Cook leaving Belle Vue.......certainly not binned lol

He has been binned according to the man himself and the management didn't even tell him. Learnt through a 3rd party. I'll take that apology now thanks Gavan!! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

And when you stop slagging our club off perhaps you should tell us all who you "alledgedly" support. Because it just strikes me you are just a sad jealous mouth piece.

What a spoon you are, you don't know me but I know exactly who you are the sad little flake that sells the star right little gimp! Oh by the way its allegedly why wouldn't I be looking for presents for my relatives that support the club???