British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laobob

Ipswich v Glasgow Thursday 13th

Hope its a good meeting for everyone attending and hoping for a Witches win , currently basking in roughly 30° temperatures in Lanzarote at the moment or would have been there . 

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

Hope its a good meeting for everyone attending and hoping for a Witches win , currently basking in roughly 30° temperatures in Lanzarote at the moment or would have been there . 

Excuses excuses :P

Anybody need to do your hair?

Try the inside line you can already see ya face in it :angry:

Drier than an Arabs flip flop - no grip no passing no entertainment no hope and no need to be that way :cry:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

Probably have more water out there....

Dust

Dust 

Dust

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Anybody need to do your hair?

Try the inside line you can already see ya face in it :angry:

Drier than an Arabs flip flop - no grip no passing no entertainment no hope and no need to be that way :cry:

There was dust coming up off it on the parade. 

Surely there isn't any need or reason for the track to be like it

Just now, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Louis sticking his fingers up the riders by saying "you won't ride on a track with grip on it .. so have a dry slick dustbowl" 

Again?

Sometimes people come to watch an entertaining meeting

Edited by Baldyman

8 hours ago, SharpenRake said:

Cookie can't win (well actually he can). on other threads he is slagged of for not being good enough for the Grand prix and he should forget having any further ambitions of being a Grand prix rider. Hes even slagged of for not being a real number one in the premiership. But now even though the rules allow it and there's little difference between the top tier and the Championship and with the vast majority of other riders doubling up/down we get a sarcastic comment worthy of an Edinburgh fan :icon_smile_clown: or The Scotsman 

You won’t see me slagging cook off on other threads, as far I’m concerned he’s a well deserved Grand Prix rider there on merit he qualified and frankly in my opinion he’s in the top 20-25 riders in the world, his downfall is inexperience on the bigger continental tracks, on tight technical tracks over here he’s good enough to beat anyone!

So to call it a master stroke bringing him in at this level seems to me to suggest it’s surprising - to me it’s pretty obvious!

the leagues aren’t the same level, closer than they used to be yes but not the same - an example (of which there are many) to show this - Richard Lawson averages over two and half points more a meeting at this level than the top league 

• Thanks 1