British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laobob

Ipswich v Glasgow Thursday 13th

2 minutes ago, BigBoaby said:

Shoe on the other foot more like.  Gazc actually made a light hearted good humoured post and you come back with that sh*te jeez.

Good humour is subjective. The weej aren't half a touchy bunch. 

3 minutes ago, JanAnderson said:

Good humour is subjective. The weej aren't half a touchy bunch. 

Im loving it but touchy hmm more like pi*s ripping but you know that already.:D

2 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Im loving it but touchy hmm more like pi*s ripping but you know that already.:D

You're quite the wit Gaz i'll give you that.

Didn't feel the meeting was as bad as suggested on here. The races between Harris/Garcia, Cook/Lawson and Campton/Starke were all really good. Three strong races at Ipswich is usually good going! Riss looks completely lost at the moment, lacking confidence. Lawson was good value for his points, some decent races with Cook. Garcia started strongly but appears he had bike problems later on according to his twitter post. Kemp did his job, got caught out in heat 12 on the first and second bends and that was that for his race. Campton was all over the place and struggled. Heeps just can't gate, can't see him being back next year. I still feel a team will take him but Ipswich is not the track for him. You can say the same for Covatti.

For Glasgow, Cook and Harris were really strong and if they both ride like that, they do have a chance of sneaking the title. Sarjeant was impressive, scored more points than I expected. Starke was also impressive, looked fast and provided entertainment. Vissing was average but scored enough for them. Nicol seemed to struggle, not sure if that was his first visit to Foxhall? Really pleased for Jack Thomas with his second in heat 14. You could see how much it meant too him. Hopefully it goes some way to making those long journeys to Glasgow week in week out feel worthwhile for him. I'm sure it's been a draining season for him but delighted to see him pull that off and deserved for his efforts this year in trying to further his career. Glasgow just might surprise a few in the play offs with a strong top two if they can both perform as they have. Much could depend on how fit Greaves is or the guests chosen if he doesn't return. 

19 minutes ago, Bandit59 said:

Do you think they could do that again on Saturday night :wink:

Don't think it will take much .

4 hours ago, Mr Blobby said:

Don’t know if I mentioned it already but mon the witches! 

No we all were under the impression you were hoping for a Tigers win  B) 

I had a feeling Ipswich were vulnerable after seeing Berwick were 4 points ahead last week when the meeting got abandoned , but still absolutely delighted with the outcome tonight . 

Hoping for a Glasgow v Workington semi final now , which would bring bumper attendances to both tracks over a weekend . 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JanAnderson said:

No Edinburgh in the play-offs - a tainted title for the eventual winners.

Nice to hear you're taking it sportingly in the right manner , think you need to lighten  up a bit though or you will be making yourself ill.

• Like 2

Glasgow coming good at the business end and signing Cookie has galvanised the rest of their team, especially Harris.

Starke has also now come to the fore and is in effect a decent third heat leader.

If Worky & Glasgow are kept apart in the Play-Off semis, I would expect an Northern Final, as both should be too hot for either Panthers or Hammers to handle over 2 legs.

The only caveat to my prediction would be if Panthers were to grab Kemp as their  guest reserve before the Tigers;) 

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

Nice to hear you're taking it sportingly in the right manner , think you need to lighten  up a bit though or you will be making yourself ill.

Let them carry on , makes it all the more sweeter lol 

• Like 1

Just now, cyclone said:

Glasgow coming good at the business end and signing Cookie has galvanised the rest of their team, especially Harris.

Starke has also now come to the fore and is in effect a decent third heat leader.

If Worky & Glasgow are kept apart in the Play-Off semis, I would expect an Northern Final, as both should be too hot for either Panthers or Hammers to handle over 2 legs.

The only caveat to my prediction would be if Panthers were to grab Kemp as their  guest reserve before the Tigers;) 

Kemp will be much sought after , after his performance at Glasgow the other week , and in the same pits as the Glasgow promotion tonight 

5 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

No making about it he is ill.

At the thought we have a chance of winning it , you can feel there pain and how joyous it is.

• Haha 1

Cookie loaned out a few of his 600cc to his team mates? 

Get them checked.

Edited by Mr Blobby

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Cookie loaned out a few of his 600cc to his team mates? 

Get them checked.

Surely not the nitro too ? 

• Haha 1