British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laobob

Ipswich v Glasgow Thursday 13th

57 minutes ago, Thecatalyst said:

Showing that fan the slick line into the corner was a bit of a  cop out.  Of course it will be too slippery watering on that, but what about the outside of the corners where most witches and riders do their work?   And as already said, it was far to dry to start with. I think the comment of I'm the trackman and i will water when I want just about sums it up. 

I think for a fair few fans on Saturday it will be a case of its my money and i will spend it on what I want, and it won't be to watch speedway at Foxhall.

Seriously did he actually say that, if so it sums up what they think of the paying public.

• Like 1

That was CRAP. 

Not just the result - the weej deserved all they got. 

But the track. Fox Holes has never served up much good racing for me in the last 2 or 3 years but I've never noticed dust on it before. Last night though - dust on the parade lap? Wtf. 

Count me out from a return journey. 150 miles round trip for that? NAH. 

And what have ippo done to Mark Riss? Pale shadow of his past self.

And when did Harris learn to gate? 

Loved Garcia's determination. 

Kemp looks a good 'un. Very steady. The weej must be working out journey planners for him for next season.

A lot of comments lately suggesting that people who attend meetings should do just that .... turn up and accept what goes on. Whether that be riders scores,  entertainment(lack of) or track conditions.

"If you could do better then why don't you try?"  Is another phrase thrown about. Well i think that others "moaners" and myself have enough experience of speedway to known what's right and wrong. We have accepted it for long enough and is at breaking point.

Another is "Oh well I'll go on Saturday as there isn't anymore for 6 months" but it's not going to be any diff...

Surprised no one has mentioned " you should go because if you don't then the club will fold" 

Think the real problem are these "lemmings" that hand over their monies regardless of the conditions. 

Make the people running the sport do something for the sport and give the fans something to attend for....

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

5 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Seriously did he actually say that, if so it sums up what they think of the paying public.

Yep he did

7 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Yes he did.... 

On a side note... did anyone notice Chris Louis there last night?

1 minute ago, TheScotsman said:

Yep he did

PR skills need some work then that is just ludicrous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Sure did...and plenty of people heard it...

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

PR skills need some work then that is just ludicrous.

Should stick with his day job whatever that is. 

Bring in a decent track man. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Sure did...and plenty of people heard it...

Someone should be giving him a right good boot up the arse then , first rule off any leisure industry look after your customer base and then expand from there.

Clearly the customer is always right is not in his vocabulary , no wonder people are leaving this sport in there droves if that is the way you treat your fan base.

Edited by Gazc

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

Someone should be giving him a right good boot up the arse then , first rule off any leisure industry look after your customer base and then expand from there.

Clearly the Customer is always right is not in his vocabulary , no wonder people are leaving this sport in there droves if that is the way you treat your fan base.

I would imagine many fans will be showing what they think of comments like that on Saturday evening.

As a side note. If you used your rain off ticket, it cost the punter £26 to watch that rubbish last night.

12 hours ago, Paulco said:

I had a feeling Ipswich were vulnerable after seeing Berwick were 4 points ahead last week when the meeting got abandoned , but still absolutely delighted with the outcome tonight . 

Hoping for a Glasgow v Workington semi final now , which would bring bumper attendances to both tracks over a weekend . 

Don't know what you mean about Berwick :rolleyes:

46 minutes ago, TheScotsman said:

That was CRAP. 

Not just the result - the weej deserved all they got. 

But the track. Fox Holes has never served up much good racing for me in the last 2 or 3 years but I've never noticed dust on it before. Last night though - dust on the parade lap? Wtf. 

Count me out from a return journey. 150 miles round trip for that? NAH. 

And what have ippo done to Mark Riss? Pale shadow of his past self.

And when did Harris learn to gate? 

Loved Garcia's determination. 

Kemp looks a good 'un. Very steady. The weej must be working out journey planners for him for next season.

Cookie is giving him lessons on how to gate