British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laobob

Ipswich v Glasgow Thursday 13th

2 hours ago, Pinny said:

Gavan wrong again. 

Scheiln has spent most of the season at 1 in a poor side , even I know that and I am not an Ipswich fan!

be shocked if he wasnt in the top 5 league averages . If he isnt a bigger hitter , then who is?

ipswich side needs a clear out. Out with covatti and Heeps. 

Read the post please

Nothing to do with Rory being a big hitter or not...................said we need another one alongside him not a couple of 7 pointers.

Wow try reading posts properly..........never said Rory should be replaced with a big hitter..............simply said we need another one

And be surprised he isnt in the top 5 of the averages.

Lawson who has a higher average would be ideal in my mind if Danny doesnt stay

Edited by Gavan

I would go for 2 new fresh big hitter if my choice...and not sure if we be allowed any yet.  Rory wasn't the flavour of the month the other week either. Don't think Louis was very impressed.

20 hours ago, Gavan said:

Team needs a shake up in the winter.

Are Riss and Mason that suited to riding for us?

To me only Drew and Coty should be back next season with maybe Rory and Nico. 

A big hitter at 1 is needed. Don’t know who but maybe Lawson will come. Should leave us enough to play with but don’t know who I would want 

Ok this is my post..............have i said replace Rory..............have i said Rory is not a big hitter...................all ive said is we need a big hitter at number 1..............to go alongside Rory should we keep him

5 hours ago, Baldyman said:

Could have sworn Rory is currently number 1 and has been for the majority of the season.

And when you say big hitter only one rider has an average higher, that being Cook. So in reality Rory is a pretty big hitter

Could have sworn King has a higher average than Rory but as i said a big hitter is required not a couple of 7 pointers alongside Rory

And i also believe that Riss, Lawson, and Morris have better averages than Rory and wouldnt mind either of the first 2 if Danny moves on. Or failing that Nicholls whose away average is 0.75 better than his home one and he certainly prefers Foxhall to Peterborough. 

5 hours ago, lucifer sam said:

Gavan is in an alternative universe ;)

In what way........never said Rory wasnt a big hitter................is it just easier to be a lemming and join in rather than read a post

3 hours ago, Paulco said:

Speaking to Mrs Paulco on the phone this morning , she was still buzzing . But despite her undoubted joy at last night's wonderful result for us , the one thing that came across from her was that she was blown away with how nice and welcoming the Ipswich supporters and staff were towards her and her pal , Dorothy 58 . 

They were probably the only two Tigers fans there last night , so a big thanks to you all for showing how great Suffolk hospitality is . 

I've had enough brilliant nights following the Tigers down to Foxhall to know what she said was true . As a club you might have missed out on the play offs , but as a welcoming support you have no peers. 

Must concur with your comments, but unfortunately can't make it down there regularly with their Thursday race night. Must make a better effort next year and do a mini Southern Tour. :approve:

1 minute ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

if only Tours were more common ... I remember going to Somerset and Newport years ago and was great. Cant be too hard to sort out? 

Yes, with Newcastle at home on the Sunday, any arrangement of Exeter/Reading, IOW/Trelawny and Kings Lynn Wednesday wasn't a bad choice. I remember a mixed tour in 1997(our first year) when we went to Edinburgh, Stoke and Newport and won them all. It's the answer to "which team won 3 consecutive away meetings in 3 days, and in 3 different countries" ?

• Like 1

On 9/15/2018 at 2:28 AM, Gavan said:

Ok this is my post..............have i said replace Rory..............have i said Rory is not a big hitter...................all ive said is we need a big hitter at number 1..............to go alongside Rory should we keep him

Could have sworn King has a higher average than Rory but as i said a big hitter is required not a couple of 7 pointers alongside Rory

And i also believe that Riss, Lawson, and Morris have better averages than Rory and wouldnt mind either of the first 2 if Danny moves on. Or failing that Nicholls whose away average is 0.75 better than his home one and he certainly prefers Foxhall to Peterborough. 

In what way........never said Rory wasnt a big hitter................is it just easier to be a lemming and join in rather than read a post

Scheilns average on the BSPA website is over 9 and Riss isnt even 8. Or are you lookin at the speedway star?

7 hours ago, Pinny said:

Scheilns average on the BSPA website is over 9 and Riss isnt even 8. Or are you lookin at the speedway star?

Rory's Green Sheet average is currently 8.79

On ‎9‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 5:41 PM, Tsunami said:

Must concur with your comments, but unfortunately can't make it down there regularly with their Thursday race night. Must make a better effort next year and do a mini Southern Tour. :approve:

There's a problem. Ipswich ride Thursday nights and there's only one place down south to go then...………………..

4 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Rory's Green Sheet average is currently 8.79

Re the above in answer to another poster saying Rory's average on the BSPA website is over 9.

I should say straight off that I don't know.  I used to understand the GSA averages and unless my memory is becoming even more fuzzy it used to be quite simple.  However these days are the averages not on something like a 12 month rolling average (I don't know cos I lost interest in all that stuff when it became too complicated) which seems to partly account for disparities in a rider's actual scoring average for this season so far.  Then there's whether it includes bonus points for team building, and reductions for this and that.  And of course whether it includes only League matches or also including KO Cup and other matches.

Apologies, I'm sure that was of absolutely no help whatsoever.  :D 

I gave up trying to explain the averages system to friends and workmates a long time ago.

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

There's a problem. Ipswich ride Thursday nights and there's only one place down south to go then...………………..

Swindon ?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, BigBoaby said:

Re the above in answer to another poster saying Rory's average on the BSPA website is over 9.

I should say straight off that I don't know.  I used to understand the GSA averages and unless my memory is becoming even more fuzzy it used to be quite simple.  However these days are the averages not on something like a 12 month rolling average (I don't know cos I lost interest in all that stuff when it became too complicated) which seems to partly account for disparities in a rider's actual scoring average for this season so far.  Then there's whether it includes bonus points for team building, and reductions for this and that.  And of course whether it includes only League matches or also including KO Cup and other matches.

Apologies, I'm sure that was of absolutely no help whatsoever.  :D 

I gave up trying to explain the averages system to friends and workmates a long time ago.

The official Green Sheets are compiled monthly - up to 23rd - effective from the 1st of the following month.

Also shown on the BSPA site are averages calculated up to the last meeting ridden by a Club. These give an indication of current form and likely future averages, but have no official meaning whatever.

The Green Sheets are calculated over the last 20 meetings, League only in Premiership, League and Shield qualifiers in the Championship.

So in essence the 1st October GSAs will be the final ones for 2018 and the opening ones for 2019 (unless the final PL match of the year takes place after 23rd September.

Edited by NeilWatson
Addition
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

The official Green Sheets are compiled monthly - up to 23rd - effective from the 1st of the following month.

Also shown on the BSPA site are averages calculated up to the last meeting ridden by a Club. These give an indication of current form and likely future averages, but have no official meaning whatever.

The Green Sheets are calculated over the last 20 meetings, League only in Premiership, League and Shield qualifiers in the Championship.

So in essence the 1st October GSAs will be the final ones for 2018 and the opening ones for 2019 (unless the final PL match of the year takes place after 23rd September.

Thanks for clarifying.

Doesn't look as if it's that far removed from the rules of yesteryear so probably just my imagination that it seems as though it takes longer for averages to change when big improvements in form or of course dips in form.  Although I think it used to be in a new season the new GSA took effect based on was it first 6 matches so I guess that was maybe quicker to show up changes in form in a new season compared with now last 20 meetings and stretching back to matches in the previous season.