British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Laobob

Ipswich v Glasgow Thursday 13th

It would be a shame if no home fans turned up to watch Berwick win on Saturday night:rofl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, dorothy58 said:

Cookie is giving him lessons on how to gate

If only Richard Lawson had done the same with covatti, heeps, Campton & Riss last night. 

He was trapping a treat. Especially against cookie. 

10 hours ago, Pinny said:

Surely Scheiln is a big hitter ?!!!

Read the post

Said we need a big hitter at number one................Rory rides at 5...........meaning someone alongside him as a big hitter..............bit like King was

Could have sworn Rory is currently number 1 and has been for the majority of the season.

And when you say big hitter only one rider has an average higher, that being Cook. So in reality Rory is a pretty big hitter

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Could have sworn Rory is currently number 1 and has been for the majority of the season.

Gavan is in an alternative universe ;)

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

Should stick with his day job whatever that is. 

Bring in a decent track man. 

Said this before. Bob Ellis is bloody useless as a trackman. Just because someone has given many years of service doesn’t automatically make them good at what they do. 

Could I do better? Well no I couldn’t. That’s why I haven’t offered my services. 

If you do offer your services and take on the role, then you have to be prepared to accept criticism if it looks like you’re doing a poor job. 

Again as I’ve said before, there is a reason why Ipswich have never been shortlisted for track of the year, voted for by referees. 

Its because the trackman is crap and doesn’t consistently produce a good racing surface. Simple as that. 

Do the people of Ipswich a favour Mr Ellis, and retire from track prep duties. 

Let someone else have a bash that just MIGHT, produce a decent racing strip. 

I may just then pop along to watch. 

Edited by Steve Irving

I have criticised last nights track but in no way would I describe Bob Ellis as a crap trackman - far from it

Bob had produced a consistent and very good surface for many many seasons. It is only relatively recently it has been more problematic but I would say Bobs experience has actually saved it from being much worse rather than caused its demise

The last few weeks has seen a major decline. I would say however that may well be the result of significant damage done as a consequence of the original Glasgow meeting remedial work and subsequent call off

Whatever Bobs words last night and actions in his preparations I think it is grossly unfair to label him as useless

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheScotsman said:

If only Richard Lawson had done the same with covatti, heeps, Campton & Riss last night. 

He was trapping a treat. Especially against cookie. 

Good to see Richard a Glasgow asset scoring well against us, almost but not quite like Rory Schlein when he guested for us earlier in the season 

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Read the post

Said we need a big hitter at number one................Rory rides at 5...........meaning someone alongside him as a big hitter..............bit like King was

Gavan wrong again. 

Scheiln has spent most of the season at 1 in a poor side , even I know that and I am not an Ipswich fan!

be shocked if he wasnt in the top 5 league averages . If he isnt a bigger hitter , then who is?

ipswich side needs a clear out. Out with covatti and Heeps. 

Edited by Pinny

2 minutes ago, cuckootoyou said:

Rory dropped back below Danny at the start of the month. Lawson guested for Danny last night. Thumbs up to Gavin:t:

That isnt the argument. Scheiln has averaged about 9 this season mainly from number one. That is classed as a big hitter.

Speaking to Mrs Paulco on the phone this morning , she was still buzzing . But despite her undoubted joy at last night's wonderful result for us , the one thing that came across from her was that she was blown away with how nice and welcoming the Ipswich supporters and staff were towards her and her pal , Dorothy 58 . 

They were probably the only two Tigers fans there last night , so a big thanks to you all for showing how great Suffolk hospitality is . 

I've had enough brilliant nights following the Tigers down to Foxhall to know what she said was true . As a club you might have missed out on the play offs , but as a welcoming support you have no peers. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Baldyman said:

And when you say big hitter only one rider has an average higher, that being Cook. So in reality Rory is a pretty big hitter

Did i say Rory wasnt a big hitter..........jeez

I said we need another one alongside him to ride at 1 and 5.

Dont want Rory and then say two 7 point riders.

Strong top 2 and 2 strong reserves is the way forward